What game engines work best with Sprinter?

YellowDuck

Hi!

Hopefully this is the right place for this. ^^;

I'm just getting started in my adventure in game creation and I decided I wanted to go about it by picking the tools I'd like to use and than finding the engine best suited for them.

Thus far sprinter is my favorite animation tool, however I can't seem to find much information about what frameworks/engines can actually handle it. I've looked around the "Spriter Implementations" board but really things seem pretty fragmented and I'm still left wondering what the best options are...

Just in case it matters:

I'm a hobbyist and don't plan on selling any games I create.

I am interested in making open world side scrolling adventure platform games with light RPG elements. (A good example might be "OperationSmash".)

I'm not interested in any platforms other than Windows, and I'd like the game to be portable.

Thank you for your time and understanding!

Hi YellowDuck,

Please keep in mind Spriter is still in beta and for that reason no game authoring system currently has complete support for Spriter.

That said, due to the developers working hand in hand with Edgar (Spriter's programmer and lead designer), Construct2 by http://www.scirra.com is very likely going to be the first game authoring system to have complete and stable Spriter support. In fact, a functional but infinished beta of it's Spriter plug-in is already availible for use and testing.

I recently made a tutorial video in fact showing how to use it, which you can find here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/699/im ... tion-files

Please keep in mind, while the C2 plug will likely be the first, likely not by a long stretch of time, and definately not the last. Once this upcoming Spriter build is released, it should help generate greater incentive for the other developers to finish Spriter support in other popular authoring systems, also, once we've released Spriter Pro 1.0, Edgar will switch poriorities to helping the developers and communities of all major game authoring systems to finish Spriter support ASAP.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey