Pivot and image swapping

AzureBlaze

Hi,

I need to swap a series of image for my animation. The user manual 0.5 suggests that using a series of image with same dimension and pivot, but I would like to trim all the transparent spaces to conserve memory, which would result in different dimension and pivot. I could trim them when I am generating the texture atlas (planned to write a tool to convert SCML into my own binary format and generate the atlas), but I think letting Photoshop do the work will be easier.

I tried to remove the translation between keyframes by moving all the pivots to the same absolute world position, but lerping of the pivots still cause the images to move. I observe in the pseudo-code implementation that if a object does not have pivot_x and pivot_y, "useDefaultPivot" should prevent lerping of pivots, but the free version of Spriter seems not to support this. Also aligning pivots with the file pallet is a bit hard, especially when there's no obvious point to put it.

In my opinion pivots should not be lerped at all. It is something that is related to a single image not the next nor previous keyframe. Maybe adding something like "rotation_center" that is defaulted to the pivot will be better.

Is there anyway around this or could modification be made to Spriter?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AzureBlaze,

There is a current bug in Spriter which tweens pivotpoints, which will be corrected in one of the up-coming Spriter releases.

Asside from that, additions will be made to Spriter will be made to make image swapping (of diferent sized images) work more intuitively.

We also have plans for the feature of having Spriter crop all used images to remove blank space, which will allow users a much easier workflow, where then can use images with ample "bleed" in case they need to tweak, edit or add to the images, but then have a fully optimized end result for use in their games. I can't guarantee how soon this feature will appear though.

cheers,

mike at BrashMonkey