version B2 bug/crash report thread (and daily Win32 builds)

lucid

Hey,

I didn't see anyone having this Problem, so here I go. I wanted to add something to an animation I created with spriter, but the file won't load correctly. Only one entitiy is loaded correctly. Everything else is empty and the hierarchy only shows 5 Objects (literally Objects, they are called "Object_001" etc and all have the same weird koords like x = 680000,00000). It shows 5 of them, which is the number of bones I used. Nothing shows on the canvas though.

This happend to me before so this time I saved a lot of increments but every file doesnt load correctly.

So I opened the .scml in an Editor and it seems fine. Everything has it's name and so on, so I guess something is wrong with the loading process (?). Also I hope I don't have to redo all my animations :D.

If this is a known issue I'm sorry.

Hi faybe (I'm sending you an email as well).. sorry for the delayed reply... can you please email your Spriter project and scml to lucid@brashmonkey.com so Edgar can take a look at it and see what the issue is?

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Seems like the NVIDIA-driver is causing my problem with the X-Server, on my notebook with an ATI card there is no problem. After switching from the proprietary NVIDIA driver to the nouveau-driver X doesn't crash anymore, but the canvas doesn't seem to update. Attached is a screenshot to show what it looks like. My system is running with the latest Kernel, 3.10.rc2 since today, before it was 3.9.2

Hi threonin,

Edgar is looking into this issue and will get back to you with a build to test as soon as he can.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Now I reverted to kernel 3.7.10 and the latest NVIDIA-driver version 319.23, this seems to work.

Seems like OpenGL was the problem, maybe an option to turn it off would be helpful, as this often causes trouble and can be a pain in the ass to get it working properly.