Entire model skews when adding IK

Cereal_Killa

Unfortunately the forums don't let me search for 'IK' as they complain that the search term is too short.

Also they don't let me search for 'how to' as they are common words.

That aside, I have tried to use IK to attach the end of a bone to a fixed position (in this case, the hand), but as soon as I add IK, the whole model skews out of place.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Before:

beforeik.jpg

After:

afterik.jpg

Also, I would like to change the hotspot on the sprites.

The manual that I found claims that I can press 'H' to do this, but alas 'H' does not let me drag the hotspot to a different position.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi again Steve,

Because I can't see exactly what you're doing step by step, I don't know exactly whats happening, but I have a feeling once you watch that video I've linked you to, that things might make more sense.

After watching the video, please let me know if you're still having the issue.

In the current build, to set the hotspot of a sprite you can just left click and drag on the circular node which is the anchorpoint for the rotation handle. But keep in mind, if you're using bones you might not have any realy need to change the sprites pivotpoints (hotspots).

thanks again for supporting Spriter, and sorry for the current lack of good documentation...this will be a very high priority as Spriter 1.0 is nearing its release.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey