Lots of problems running on Mac

naqproductions

Hey guys, so after watching the tutorial videos I was ready to dive in and start playing with the A4 release on Mac. I didn't get very far as it seems a lot of the functionality isn't working right for me. I want to guess the main problem is probably because I am still running Leopard (10.5.8). I'll list what happened for you anyway in case I am wrong.

Issues :

- Dragging items from the File Palette to the Work Area was creating 2 of each sprite (duplicating them on top of each other). I could not delete the duplicates in the Heirarchy window, I had to first select them there, then select the work area window and hit delete.

- Sprites can not be re-ordered in the hierarchy window. They Highlight and drag, but when you release the mouse button nothing happens.

- The program crashed while I was trying to drag things around and try to change their hierarchy order.

Any idea what may be causing my troubles? I feel like these problems are essential to fix so I can start playing with it with a decent workflow.

Thanks,

Nate

Ok let me first apologize, I didn't see the bug report post until today. Secondly, I figured out the inability to re-order the hierarchy, I actually had the bone hierarchy displayed while trying it, not the 'objects in frame' in the left window. Still hoping to find a solution to the duplicating sprites... should I also send a bug report in addition to this post? I hate to be redundant, but whatever is easier for you guys. Thanks!

no need to apologize. Bug reports are the best way, when I'm working on bugs, it's much quicker to just work off one list. Although there hasn't been much activity from me on the bug report lately, I've been working on getting things more stable and efficient in general, which should correct many bugs in the process.