Spawning Construct3 "sprites" from multiple instances of a Spriter Object.

g3nki

Hi!

This might be a silly question, but I have had a REALLY rough time figuring out a solution of how I can spawn sprite objects in Construct3 from several instance of the same Spriter Object, does anyone know here on the forum? This is my scenario: Player uses "Slash"-sprite to hit "SpriterObject", then I want to spawn a "Hit"-sprite (+animation). I tried this:

- "Slash" on Collision with "SpriterObject" > Create "Hit" at SpriterObject.X & SpriterObject.Y.

This works as long as you hit a single instance of the Spriter Object. However, if two objects are caught up in the "Slash"-collision at the exact same frame. Only the last instance will get a "Hit"-sprite created.

In comparison, C3's "Sprite"-object has a built-in function called "Spawn Object", that fixes this issue. HOWEVER, This feature is not available for Spriter Objects (I'm using the drawSelf export to C3). I found a solution by creating the "Hit" object at SpriterObject > On Created, and adding "Hit" as a child to the Spriter Object, then replaying the animation every time "Slash" hits. This actually works. But it isn't really a solution, because, what if I want to spawn projectiles from multiple instances of a spriter object? In case they want to spawn on the same frame, only the last one will spawn a projectile. It would be great if the plugin offered a "spawn object"-function similar to C3's Sprite-object does

Perhaps there's already a much better way to do all of this? I might have been overthinking and making over-complicated workaround solutions? But I have been struggling with this for quite a while.

• 7 months later...

Have you used triggers yet in Spriter animations? If the Spriter objects getting hit also play getting hit animations, then you could have a trigger at the very beginning of the animation (for example, call the trigger "SLASH") and then in Construct you could do the "On Event Triggered" event to then Spawn that effect sprite... or even build the slash effect into the hit animation..

otherwise, could you perhaps post a screen grab here of your logic and maybe I or someone else can figure out a way to fix it or make it work?

Sorry for the very late reply.