Spriter Comic

ravenx2000

Hello

I saw you're kickstarter thing on the most succesfull funded projects.

Super it worked out for you guys.

However I was watching both the kickstarter promo and the tutorial on the mainpage.

Now first off I am not a game creater. But I am more of a comic drawer and artist. So I don't know any specific about how work this into a certain game engine. But it looked a bit like most could be done with spriter itself and Photoshop.

Now to the main point of it. When it comes out I would like to buy it ofc and try and use it to make a 2d virtual comic. Maybe with a choice element in here like certain Ios or android games have.

So first off can I actually make a fully working game with just spriter?

if not what do I need more. I don't need a full rundown but perhaps some proper hints as to were to look would be fine. or what to use with spriter to make a simple side scrolling comic with some options and such.

Thanks for any info you might give.

Hi RavenX,

Spriter is just for creating the animations, and then it saves them to a general format that can be loaded into any game engine. But you can't make the actual game in Spriter. You can see some of the implementations for different game engines that were made during the Kickstarter with the beta format in the Spriter Plugins forum and on the Kickstarter page. These allow you to use Spriter animations in the various engines listed.

When the format is finalized, pretty much anything that can be used to make games should have a Spriter plugin or library.

It should be possible to make a non interactive motion comic with Spriter, however.

"It should be possible to make a non interactive motion comic with Spriter, however."

Well that's more then good aswell. By the time I got this working with Spriter I can perhaps advance a bit further with other elements adding those. So now the wait till it comes out fully I suppose.