Status Update: 5/4/2012, also 2 bugfixes for editor

lucid

There is a new version available for download on our front page. Just 2 small fixes.

[*:r3ldf7gn][FIX]Fixed problem where clicking a sprite would nudge it a few pixels in the direction of the mouse even if you just meant to select it
    [*:r3ldf7gn][FIX]Shortcut keys 1 and 2, to move directly to the previous or next keyframe, now takes you exactly to the specific time for that key, instead of maintaining your time offset from the current key

Thanks for your patience everyone. There's a few things that take a little time that need to be done before we start seeing the larger and more exciting updates. There is much needed code maintenance and refactoring to be done that our previous budget of time didn't allow us to do thoroughly, and also upgrading the GUI from it's placeholder state to the actual final UI. These things, while they'll make the update news a little sparse in the beginning, will ensure everything moves quickly once they're done. It'll be much simpler to add features and track bugs so updates will become quite speedy once this part is over. I'll update you with time estimates as things progress.

Aside from this, we're reworking the fileformat to something approaching the final form. The current fileformat structure has a number of legacy elements from the previous version of Spriter, and rather than have developers wait for close to Spriter 1.0, we'd rather do this early so when the remaining features start appearing, no one has to redo anything, and developers can immediately start using Spriter, and even laying the groundwork down for features the editor doesn't support yet, so day 1 of those beta releases, these functions can work within implementations.

There are several sweeping changes that will be made to the file format to prepare it to work well with everything planned for Spriter's future, and it's impossible for me to anticipate the needs of so many developers across so many platforms. In the coming weeks, I'll be posting the proposal for the final file format, and I'd like feedback from developers to ensure that it will work well, and that implementation will remain easy.

Thanks everyone!