Spriter Question & Concerns

Penguin

After stumbling across some marketing for Spriter, I decided to pre-order Spriter 2. The dates of posts here in the forum and the dates on the release make me wonder if this is actually abandoned. A previous user asked about it and looking at the dates of their concern (May 27, 2019) and the date of the last release (February 14, 2019)... it has been well over a year since anything released and even since that users concern. Aside from me wondering if I just per-ordered an abandoned product, I wanted to know the following:

• Can Spriter Pro and Spriter 2 Alpha be installed on the same machine side by side? Or does Spriter 2 have to replace Spriter Pro?
  • If it is possible to install them side by side, can they both activated with the same key?
  • Is Spriter 2 still being worked on and is it ever going to be officially released?

Thank you in advance for any of these questions you can answer.

I'm not part of the Spriter team but I think I can answer some of your questions.

Yes you can install Spriter Pro and Spriter 2 on the same machine.
If you preorder you will get both spriter pro and spriter 2(not sure if they'll have the same key or 2 different ones or any other authentication method)
I think Spriter 2 has already been released in alpha versions at least last month, and updates are almost biweekly. you can check the devs youtube channel, you can see some showcase of their latest work. last upload at the time of me writing this is 1 month ago.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:06 AM, Penguin said:

After stumbling across some marketing for Spriter, I decided to pre-order Spriter 2. The dates of posts here in the forum and the dates on the release make me wonder if this is actually abandoned. A previous user asked about it and looking at the dates of their concern (May 27, 2019) and the date of the last release (February 14, 2019)... it has been well over a year since anything released and even since that users concern. Aside from me wondering if I just per-ordered an abandoned product, I wanted to know the following:

• Can Spriter Pro and Spriter 2 Alpha be installed on the same machine side by side? Or does Spriter 2 have to replace Spriter Pro?
  • If it is possible to install them side by side, can they both activated with the same key?
  • Is Spriter 2 still being worked on and is it ever going to be officially released?

Thank you in advance for any of these questions you can answer.

If you pre-ordered Spriter 2 here then you can use Spriter Pro and try the alpha of Spriter 2 at the same time on the same system. Only the Steam versions currently have that limitation, which won't be an issue once Spriter 2 is officially released, then it will be it's entirely own product on Steam.

Spriter 2 is not abandoned. Edgar is and has been hard at work on it, but several factors including injuries from a previous automobile accident slowed down its development, especially in the past. A new alpha build should be released in the next several days and we try to release new builds every 2 or 3 weeks.