Requested feature: keyboard shortcuts to change the image of a sprite

malibumanjp

Hi,

I've been using Spriter on and off for a couple years now and I've really started to pick up with it a few month ago. There are a few quality-of-life improvement I wish we could get, amongst which live switching images on a Sprite:

As far as I know, the only quick way to change the image of a sprite is to click and hold the right mouse button, to display a visual horizontal list of the images attached to it (linked to the folder it's from or limited to the object's images), then move the mouse cursor to the image wanted and release the mouse button. The issue I have is that the horizontal list gets out of the screen since I usually have way more images in any given folder than the 15 or so items that can be displayed on my screen.
The easiest solution I see would be to have keyboard shortcuts to circle through the folder images, backward or forward on a selected sprite object. Maybe this already exists but I could not find how to do it.

Spriter is a great tool, simple and efficient, and it would make using it much smoother with this little change!

Thanks,

Tom.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mike,thanks for the feedback!

I have folders organized as:

- head

- torso

- arms

- legs

- lower_legs

But each of these sub folders have dozens of body parts, with arms approximating 50 sprites! This makes switching sprites a real tedious task as i have to scroll to one side of the screen to be able to reach with the mouse the sprites far off on the opposite side. The lack of alternative way to changesprites makes it so that i have to do it that way. Keyboard shortcuts to circle through the list going left or right would be a real life changer !

Thanks

Tom.