Extend arm on melee attack

CJX3M

I'm trying to add some attack animations to my character.

This are melee, so combos are a must.

I'm trying to add an extend arm jab, but given the orientation of the bones, I'm getting some weird animation

attack2.gif.dcc5cd2319c369b5d226c71ae3d56049.gif

The forearm bones is pointing to the left

image.png.abc30898f4d1462c6fa30aa451a4b922.png

And, on the end animation point to the right as to extend the arm

image.png.58a5029da9837fbe31ef4f9692e347c8.png

So, how can I avoid that arm arc in order to rotate the bone direction????

It looks weird

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry I didn't see this until now!

Keep in mind, in Spriter you can switch from tweened animation to non-tweened at any point in the timeline.  You can't always accomplish everything you want in 2d animation using bones and tweening.

if you right click on a key-frame in the timeline you can switch its curve mode to instant... this means the animation will freeze on this single frame until it hits the next keyframe in the timeline.

This allows you to switch to page-flipping style animation so you could at this point carefully construct each frame by hand to get the exact look you're after. After which point you can go back to standard tweened animation.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

So sorry I didn't see this until now!

Keep in mind, in Spriter you can switch from tweened animation to non-tweened at any point in the timeline.  You can't always accomplish everything you want in 2d animation using bones and tweening.

if you right click on a key-frame in the timeline you can switch its curve mode to instant... this means the animation will freeze on this single frame until it hits the next keyframe in the timeline.

This allows you to switch to page-flipping style animation so you could at this point carefully construct each frame by hand to get the exact look you're after. After which point you can go back to standard tweened animation.

Wow, thanks for the reply, and no problems, pretty sure its hard to keep looking at all our post and still continue the awesome work you have done so far

Will try this once I get back. Currently on vacations.... might try it on a siblings pc, don't think I could wait month and a half to try it

Thanks!