Bones connected to sprites messing up other sprites?

eggsandanxiety

I just started using spriter and I've been loving it so far for my simpler sprite animations! But I'm trying to create a walk cycle, I've used the right-click "replace the selected sprite image" to switch out all the legs and then I have the upper body and arms as seperate entities. I've been trying to add a very basic bone system to these to connect them but so far I haven't been able to. Everytime I use "B" to select images that are effected by bones it then completely disorients the other images in any other key frame. I'm not sure if this is just a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I'll attach pictures here:

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

Why does it look like you already have a bunch of key-frames before you make and assign your bones?
The proper workflow would be to assemble the images at zero on the timeline, make and assign the bones, test them to make sure everything is attached properly, THEN begin to animate.

If you assign images which already have multiple key-frames to bones it's going to cause such issues.

Every key frame can have a different number of images, bones, and bones can be parented differently to different images.. This can be powerful and useful, but also demands you're careful when getting started.

Does this make sense?