How do I distort an Image to create a flowing animation?

kuja

After watching some tutorials and not finding the answer in the software manual, I decided to create this topic. So, How do I distort an Image to create a flowing animation? I mean, is that possible on Spriter or should I Distort my image in an image editing software and then use it as a new image/part in my animation?

I want to create a flowing-hair animation. I already separated/cut all parts I want to animate and unfortunately using the scale/rotate isn't enough for what I want to do. It's basically something like this(sorry if the images are too confusing):

http://postimg.org/image/bqw2f3nbn/

http://postimg.org/image/4oy4swjpv/

Well, like I said before, it is basically a flowing-hair animation of a breathing/standing character. I want to distort the separeted meshes without having to create more(I guess that even if I doubled the amount I would have to create more for a middle-transition, right?). Thank you anyway.

There's no officially supported feature for image deforming. (aside from rotate and stretch) however, there is an unsupported "proof of concept version for the feature called "skin mode", which Spriter community members like Bwwd use to great effect despite its unfinished nature and known handful of bugs.

Here is a video showcasing the feature:

Keep in mind, its unfinished and unsupported, so use the feature at your own risk and keep in mind, no Spriter runtime (API) will likely ever support real-time playback of Spriter files that use skin mode.

However, it can work great if you plan to either export finished animations as sequential images, or use an advanced workflow where you create the animation using skin mode for some of the parts like hair, then hide everything but the hair and export the hair animations as sequential images, then re-import and replace the skin mode hair with the sequential images.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Yeah, I pretend to export it as sequential images. I wanted to distort my images while animating coz it would make things faster. Creating more "parts" like these are very time consuming but I'll test the feature anyway to see how it works. Once again, thank you very much!