Spriter crashing during export the Animated GIF

Fernando

Hi Everyone!

I´m trying to export my project in a Animated GIF file, but after 15 minutes, the Spriter crashes with this message.

I´m using 10 FPS and the program will create the GIF with 210 images.

The size of one image is 2412x1237 pixels, but I put 10% (scale) to export and the problem still happens.

Can someone help me?

Error_Export_GIFAnimation.jpg

Hi Fernando, I received your files and did some testing.. The overall large framesize and the fact that even at 10 FPS the resulting animation is 200 frames long are definitely taxing the export system.  I managed to export at 10 FPS and 50 percent size, but my computer is decently powerful/high memory and it tool around 15 minutes..I'll bet if I clicked on the Spriter screen near the end of that it would have ghosted out or even crashed.

I'll email you the export I managed to make, but if you need animations of this size, especially with a smooth FPS I recommend you export as sequential PNG and then find a program that can combine sequential images into more modern animation formats that GIF.

A quick google search turned up this page, which seems to offer many options to explore: http://www.andrewnoske.com/wiki/Convert_an_image_sequence_to_a_movie

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks Mike!

I read your email at my inbox with the Animated GIF file.

Really I think I can be the processing power of my computer.

To export in Animated GIF, do you recommend any specific configuration to post here on the forum?

For example, FPS limit and maximum size of pixels?

Thanks again!

Hi again Fernando,

It seems to depend on too many variables (OS being used, hardware configuration, available ram and graphics memory, etc, etc ) for us to be able to create some kind of guide-line for whats possible with which configurations. The best I can say is try it, and if it doesn't work with the resolution and and FPS you need, then export as individual frames and merge them into an animation outside of Spriter with software dedicated to that task.

Another option to try if you're working at a larger size than you need, and even exporting at the final size like 50 percent isn't working, you could try exporting a re-sized clone of the entire project (images and all) and then loading that cloned Spriter project and exporting that.

cheers.