Export animation frames/low pixel animation

Alex12345

So i looked into this programm and it looked like its the programm i was always looking for. I have a few questions tho. I do much 2d design and someday want to create my own game. Atm i am creating a mod for a game called starbound. The game uses framegrids to create ingame movement of monster and humans. So now i want to create a monster, i created the single parts and now i want to animate it. But is ist possible to export the single frames of the whole picture so i can put it into a framegrid for the game to use? Another question is that this game doesnt use many pixels and when i tried to rotate stuff in paint.net or photoshop it looked kinda bad. Does this programm support low pixel animation? or do i still have to use normal drawing for the realy low pixel animation? Sorry for my bad english

Hi Alex12345,

No matter what, really low res pixel art will need hand clean-up once the frames are rendered out from any program, if the images were scaled or rotated to make the animations.  If you carefully place your animations in the canvas relative to the crosshair position, and make sure the key frames never extend beyond the specific pixel size you need to crop to, it can work, then you'd need to choose "custom clipping Rect" as your clipping option during export and set the corner coordinates to meet your needs. Then export as sprite sheet.

It's all possible with Spriter Pro, but requires quite a bit of knowledge, experience or experimentation to get it all perfect...and again, like I said, you'd need to hand clean up some stuff afterwards.

These two videos might help a bit:

cheers.

• 5 months later...

Hi there, I am going a different route but have similar challenges; 

I am making low res pixel art characters (32x64) that I arranged the same way you would for handdrawn character parts.

I use the pixel mode for the pixels not to rotate. I cannot import bigger images into spriter as the pixel mode then is applied on a different resolution scale and it doesn;t look like 1:1 pixels.

So I am working in native resolution, in pixel mode. animations look great in spriter. 

Now I cannot export spritesheets as we are using the scml plugin to batch animations and character. The whole point of using Spriter was for that.

Now whenever I import the scml into C2, the rendering looks quite different. Even though my art is native resolution, Ican;t seem to find the way for C2 to look like in Spriter in that case. 

33 minutes ago, Diver said:

Hi there, I am going a different route but have similar challenges; 

I am making low res pixel art characters (32x64) that I arranged the same way you would for handdrawn character parts.

I use the pixel mode for the pixels not to rotate. I cannot import bigger images into spriter as the pixel mode then is applied on a different resolution scale and it doesn;t look like 1:1 pixels.

So I am working in native resolution, in pixel mode. animations look great in spriter. 

Now I cannot export spritesheets as we are using the scml plugin to batch animations and character. The whole point of using Spriter was for that.

Now whenever I import the scml into C2, the rendering looks quite different. Even though my art is native resolution, Ican;t seem to find the way for C2 to look like in Spriter in that case. 

You need to turn on both the pixel rounding option and the point sampling mode in the C2 project.