Exporting to Spritesheet - Way to set Frame size?

Adrian

Hey there,

I have a walk animation for my character, but I need my sprite sheet to be composed of 96 by 96 frames (without Trimming the output), and I need each Character image to be centered inside the 96 x 96 frame so that the animated character is not off-center when switching through frames.

The output file should be 768 x 96 (8 Horizontal Frames 96 x 96). How can I make this work in Spriter (If it is doable)? I am not really sure how to use the Custom Rect feature - and I have been playing with it for hours.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Adrian,

Is the character already the proper size, so that the frames wont get cropped if you export the frames to that desired "canvas size?"  If so, its very simple.  Use the "source rectangle/custom rect..." option.

This option is based on the zero.zero point of your animation... meaning where that vertical and horizontal guide line cross.

If your character is already centered horizontally based on that vertical center line, then you'd want something like -47 for the LEFT setting, 48 for the RIGHT setting, and then the TOP and BOTTOM settings might be trickier depending on if your character is centered vertically or not.

Do you get the math for the left and right? CENTER is the zero point... so LEFT of -47 means 48 pixels, and a RIGHT value of 48 pixels added to that is a total of 96 pixels wide. The came kind of math needs to be done for top and bottom, but most likely the character is not vertically centered, so you'll need to most likely have a bigger NEGATIVE TOP value (for example, -90) and maybe a BOTTOM value  of 5 or six... but again, the TOP and BOTTOM values will depend on how your character is situated compared to that horizontal center line in Spriter.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey