Error When importing Animations

ronval

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I have been having trouble importing my animations into Construct 2. I Keep getting an error when I bring in the scon files into any C2 project. I actually had this problem long time ago the post can be seen here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15311&start=30) and a video I made on youtube (

). I left the animation until the end of the game. Now my game is all done except importing the scon files and making my animations work with construct 2. This is the error that I keep getting...

Failed to read SCML FIle

Failed to open file

In C:\USers\ron\Desktop\Gameanimations\Will\William Final pngs\porcupineanimations.scml

The File may be invalid. Try checking the project opens in Spriter

This error is happening with all my animations that I have made. The error even happens when I import the scon files into a brand new project (like the platform template) I keep getting the error. If you guys can let me know what I can do to fix this that would be great. Its the last thing that needs to be done with my game and then I can put it up for sale. I'm using spriter pro version on windows 8.1 and I redid the animations on OSX mavricks and I get the same results so I'm not sure what to do. Also have the latest stable build of C2 and I'm using the latest spriter plugin.

Thanks a lot guys for your help and great work on this awesome tool :)

Hi ronval,

Sorry you are having difficulties getting your Spriter files into C2.

Did you know:

1) You need to save BOTH an SCML and a SCON version of your file from Spriter in order for it to import properly into C2? (C2 needs to import both...but if you drag one in, it will automatically import in the other file format as well so long as its the same name and in the same folder) This was not originally the case, which likely caused the confusion..but when Edgar created the scon format, it became clear it was better optimized for use with C2. Eventually you'll only need to import the scon...but for now, you need both. (Until we can convince Ashley at scirra to redo a bit of work he did on his end for the plug-in)

2) You need to make sure under "Other file Actions/Custom Save Options" that both of the optional file options must be checked (turned on) before you save your scon and scml from Spriter

And have you watched the tutorial videos showing the process in detail?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/827/re ... t2-project

Also, this is really important: I HIGHLY recommed you create a special frame (and event sheet) in C2 (I usually name both "Spriter" so they are easy to find) and ONLY import your Spriter files into this one frame...then for any frame that needs any of the Spriter objects, just make an event: At start of frame> create Spriter object.

This method gives you one clean, easy to find place to import and update all of your Spriter files in your C2 project.

I hope this information helps solve your problem. If not, please email me (mike@brashmonkey.com) your Spriter project and your C2 file and I'll see if I can get it working for you.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

PS. thanks for the kind words and for supporting Spriter.

Hi Mike thanks a lot for the response I figure out how to make them appear and the error is now gone. My game is finally finished but im having an issue with the game not loading at all when I host it on google drive. I thought it might be my game so I threw in the spriter animations into a the C2 platformer template to see if that loads. It loads the game but none of the animations show up. Im starting to think that the reason the my actual game doesnt load might have to do with spriter. I will send you an email with my Capx file along with the spriter animations. the capx file contains the full finished game. I hope you can take a look at it as im now in the process of trying to get it published.

Thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it