Bones disappear

perezbalen

Hi.

I made an animation. A few spries move. A few keyframes.

Then I went back to the beginning of the timeline and made some bones.

But when I get to the subsequent key frames, the bones disappear (even from the hierarchy pane).

Whenever the playhead is after the second keyframe, I have no bones.

I´ve tried all I can think of to get the bones to appear after the second keyframe (so I can animate them), bit have been unable to figure it out.

Please help.

Hi perezbalen,

Spriter is made to be very flexible in many ways, allowing you to animate with or without bones, and also allowing you to have a different number of objects (sprites or bones) per keyframe. This meanes nothing is automatically "persistant" between all frames.

If you want to se up an animation for use with bones, the easiest way is to set up your sprites AND bones at the initial key-frame before you start animating...that way, your full set up with all bones will be in all future key frames becuase all future key frames wll start with the first key-frame as a "basis".

However, if you add prites or bones later on and want them in all key-frames, then select them and choose copy from the menu (or press cntrl+c) and then choose "paste to all frames" from the menu. and it will add your bones to all frames.

I suggest that you make sure to watch all of the tutorial videos to havea more thorough understanding of Spriter features and possible workflows.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey