SFML Spriter

I did a quick implementation of Spriter for SFML 2.0 in C++ a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't have anything fancy like interpolation (which won't become useful until custom origins are saved anyway) but in general works - as long as you use GCC, that is. There seem to be problems with MSVC, probably related to RapidXML not reading files correctly.

Anyway, everything is available on github, binaries are available in the download section. It's supposed to be simple and fast, just like SFML itself, as hopefully evident by the example.

• 3 months later...
I did a quick implementation of Spriter for SFML 2.0 in C++ a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't have anything fancy like interpolation (which won't become useful until custom origins are saved anyway) but in general works - as long as you use GCC, that is. There seem to be problems with MSVC, probably related to RapidXML not reading files correctly.

Anyway, everything is available on github, binaries are available in the download section. It's supposed to be simple and fast, just like SFML itself, as hopefully evident by the example.

hello man:

i user you code, but in “xmlDoc.parse<0>(xmlStringWriteable.data());" is error, pls ask me what is problem? THX

I think hes asking if he can convert the new spriter file to work with your Spriter implimentation. There is currently no way to cnvert from the new format to the old. (asside from writing a converter yourself)

The more important question would be: Do you plan on updating your Spriter implimentation to work with the now finalized Spriter data format?

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

The more important question would be: Do you plan on updating your Spriter implimentation to work with the now finalized Spriter data format?

Not anytime soon. I'm currently in the middle of my exams, followed by another project by uni. After that, I have time for whatever, though there are some other personal projects of mine.

I may update it eventually, but currently I have no need for it. Maybe come next Ludum Dare? We'll see.