Steam vs standalone - any way to switch and get standalone instead?

SquigglyFrog

So question, and I don't expect it will work the way I'd like. But i bought spriter pro on steam. Don't remember why i bought it there, but here's the catch. I HATE steam. It sucks. I don't use it, never log in, and of course you know, double click on a spriter project, it loads spriter, then quits to desktop immediately. Joy. steam needs to update YET AGAIN.. launch steam, auto update, close it. launch spriter, works fine. Annoying as all getout. Is there any way to 'switch' versions and get the standalone spriter pro without having to pay for it again? if not, i'll live, just wanted to find out. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, SquigglyFrog said:

So question, and I don't expect it will work the way I'd like. But i bought spriter pro on steam. Don't remember why i bought it there, but here's the catch. I HATE steam. It sucks. I don't use it, never log in, and of course you know, double click on a spriter project, it loads spriter, then quits to desktop immediately. Joy. steam needs to update YET AGAIN.. launch steam, auto update, close it. launch spriter, works fine. Annoying as all getout. Is there any way to 'switch' versions and get the standalone spriter pro without having to pay for it again? if not, i'll live, just wanted to find out. 

Indirectly, yes. If you email me proof of purchase on Steam, including the exact amount you paid, I can give you a one time use coupon code to deduct that exact amount from the non=Steam version here on our store, so if you paid full price on Steam, you'd get the non-Steam version here for free using the coupon code.
send the email to mike@brashmonkey.com