Spriter for Linux flatpack installer

richardb@cmcweb.com

The current X64/32 distribution method is not great for Spriter. In my case I tried unpacking it and running the application and was presented with a series of missing dependencies in which I had to have the exact versions installed. This persisted across Plasma, Mint 19, CentOSm which are the distro's I have running for our application test environments.

I am going to suggest we move towards Flatpack as the distribution method for the application.

Can I get a full dependency list and a recompile of the latest version of Spriter so that I can build a flatpack installer for the free version on linux?

R

• 1 month later...

Sorry, we only officially support Ubuntu 14 due to the potentially unending compatibility issues each new version introduces.  We spent a disproportionate amount of time fixing Linux compatibility issues during the years after initial release, and with our small team, it's just not sustainable.

We'll likely officially support a newer version of Linux with Spriter 2, but not all versions as that's just not viable.