Copy only the bone animation

martinus1988

Hi all,

Ian pretty new with sprite but i need to use it a lot for new game. So having a really important question.

I need to make 30 characters walk, die, idle and fight. The images are most of the time similar (head, hair, eyes, L-arm 1, L-arm 2 etc.)

So i made 1 character do all those animations. No the question is, can i copy the animation and put the new character in? Is that possible? That would save lot of time, and making something walk was a pain in the @ss. So anyone has a idea?

Also is it possible to only copy bones (whiteout the images), also is it possible to copy complete animation of the bones?

Please help me?

Martijn

Hi all,

Ian pretty new with sprite but i need to use it a lot for new game. So having a really important question.

I need to make 30 characters walk, die, idle and fight. The images are most of the time similar (head, hair, eyes, L-arm 1, L-arm 2 etc.)

So i made 1 character do all those animations. No the question is, can i copy the animation and put the new character in? Is that possible? That would save lot of time, and making something walk was a pain in the @ss. So anyone has a idea?

Also is it possible to only copy bones (whiteout the images), also is it possible to copy complete animation of the bones?

Please help me?

Martijn

Hi Martjin. If you look at the top part of spriter there is lock bones and lock sprites.

Lock sprites, select all, copy. You copy all the bones in the frame. Same operation for images.

You can clone animations in the part where you see entities (right part below images). The thing is I have never tried to reuse an animation with different images but I suppose it should work if they are in the same folder. What I usually do is copy first frame of an animation and work from there with new images.

If you want to copy an animation just clone it and put new images on it... but you will have to relink new images (link all images to bones on frame 0, select all images when linked and do paste to all keys, done).

There are some new powerful things you can do with entities in the last version, look for the help videos.

Cheers.