How to delete skin objects from Spriter files?

GC3K

I want to export my existing Spriter .scml projects to Unity with the Spriter2Uniity package. But the projects used the unsupported skin mode to make spritesheets. So importing the files in Unity isn't working ("InvalidOperationException: Instance validation error: 'skin' is not a valid value for SpriterObjectType").

In Spriter, I tried to select all skin objects in each entity and delete them (Shift-Delete). I changed the file extension of the project from .scml to .txt, and the file still has skin objects listed after deleting the object in Spriter

( <obj_info name="body" type="skin" w="323" h="265" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="0.5" x="-0.970874" y="2.91262" angle="0" scale_x="1" scale_y="1">
            <skin/>).

Is there a way to delete or replace the skin objects completely, without messing up the file? Would that solve the problem with exporting to Unity?

It's either that, or remake the assets in Unity from scratch, which would take a ton of work and time.

Edited by GC3K
Problem solved, kind of. I figured out how to remove the skin objects, but it still won't port to Unity