How to export a json file?

Hasen

I can see how to export to json which gives me a .scon file but for my needs I also need a .json file but I can't see how that is done? I'm using a plugin and the demo spriter file has both .scon and .json but I can't see how to get the .json file as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Spriter supports it right now.

There's some people who want JSON to be standarized for animation software:

https://github.com/ndee85/coa_tools/issues/26

Brashmonkey is working in Spriter 2, but it could take years to be released and the only feature I know they're working on is deformation.

Spriter has constant updates so I can see it's still being mantained.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply. Spriter is still very much supported, as is this forum. Unfortunately I had a dental emergency that cost me 2.5 consecutive nights sleep and most of my working hours too... it seems like during the onset of this issue I somehow missed your post.

All you have to do is save as and choose SCON as the file format.. SCON is Json and SCML is XML.

You could rename the file extension "scon" to "json" and then any other program would recognize it as a json file format.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to email me directly at mike@brashmonkey.com