Jump to content
roracle

MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll missing!

Recommended Posts

I keep getting the error that I am missing these two DLL files the thread is so titled.  I've tried downloading them, both 64 and 32 bit, put them in the right places, but i get the "application failed to start" error with code "0xc000007b".  I've tried uninstalling the redist packages (32 and 64) for 2010 per instructions and reinstalling, no go.  I need to use this software, you guys!  Help!  Windows 10 64, fresh install, fully updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best guess is your installs are failing because you already have a newer version of the VS runtimes installed. Please read the following: 

Please install the Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime. If you are on 32 bit Windows you only need the 32 bit version (x86). If you are on 64 bit Windows, you will need to install both the 32 bit (_x86) and 64 bit versions. http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe
The  32 bit version can be found here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x86.exe
IMPORTANT: If you try to install Visual Studio 2013 and the installer says you already have a newer version, then you need to uninstall the newer version so that 2013 can successfully install. Windows update will later install the latest version, but you'll keep the DLL Files Spriter needed. 

Please let me know if that works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, roracle said:

Oh okay, the forum posts keep saying 2010, and I didn't see on the DL page it was supposed to be 2013. I'll try later on and update.

EDIT:

Okay it worked this time, thank you!

Awesome. thanks. If it's not too much trouble, can you link me to where it says 2010 so I can fix that ASAP?

thanks very much.

-Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem.. Been using Spriter for several years, but now I had to format the PC. When trying to open Spriter, I got these missing dll messages. Installed both Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtimes on a clean Windows 10 and it didn't work. Help please :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rogergaps said:

I'm having the same problem.. Been using Spriter for several years, but now I had to format the PC. When trying to open Spriter, I got these missing dll messages. Installed both Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtimes on a clean Windows 10 and it didn't work. Help please :-(

Every time so far someone thinks this is the case, it's because they already have a newer version of visual studio installed, so the install does not let the install of 2013 actually take place. In this case, you unfortunately need to first uninstall the newer version, then install VS 2013.. later a windows update will restore you to the latest version, but the required dll files will stay intact and Spriter will work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Every time so far someone thinks this is the case, it's because they already have a newer version of visual studio installed, so the install does not let the install of 2013 actually take place. In this case, you unfortunately need to first uninstall the newer version, then install VS 2013.. later a windows update will restore you to the latest version, but the required dll files will stay intact and Spriter will work. 

I have only these installed and still getting the error messages

de.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one other person had this issue and it turned out they were running some obscure antivirus which was preventing the required DLLs from installing, even though they are harmless... you could try temporarily disabling any realtime protection, reinstalling the visual studio distributes, then see if that works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

I think one other person had this issue and it turned out they were running some obscure antivirus which was preventing the required DLLs from installing, even though they are harmless... you could try temporarily disabling any realtime protection, reinstalling the visual studio distributes, then see if that works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't have any antivirus installed, just Windows Defender. Even so, disabling it and reinstalling the visual studio distributes didn't work. Can't I just drag these dlls into the Windows folder? =S

UPDATE - after installing some updates for Windows 10 and reinstalling VS 2013, I'm not getting the MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll error messages, but the MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll. Does this mean I have to install another Visual Studio runtime?

UPDATE 2 - Ok, installing both VR 2010 32 bits and 64 bits fixed the issue. What a relief :D thanks for your time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi having trouble getting Spriter to run for the first time. Getting missing dll file messages. I have installed Visual Studio 2013, both 32 and 64 bit as my machine is running 64. I uninstalled spriter and installed again. Same issue. Visual Studio 2013 is the latest on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Am I missing something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Wyverntales said:

Hi having trouble getting Spriter to run for the first time. Getting missing dll file messages. I have installed Visual Studio 2013, both 32 and 64 bit as my machine is running 64. I uninstalled spriter and installed again. Same issue. Visual Studio 2013 is the latest on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Am I missing something? 

If you're positive you don't have an newer version of Visual studio installed, which would block in the install of 2013, AND you're sure you installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions, then there's only one thing I can think of.  A long time ago one customer had the same issue and it turned out their virus protection software was blocking the dll from being installed. The solution was to temporarily turn off the virus protection, then install visual studio (both 32 and 64 bit) then install Spriter.

Please let me know if that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same "MSVCP120.dll missing" issue. There is a lot of dll online filebases if you search in google. I personally got it from here. Of course the best solution is to update the Visual C++. But this doesn't always work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Você não tem acesso a esse idioma para fazer o download do arquivo para fazer o backup do erro, (MSVCP100.DLL) mas baixei o arquivo correspondente as minhas configurações mas ele não funcionou poderia me ajudar? OBS:  http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe   

arquivo que baixei, || baixei == download ||

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...