MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll missing!

roracle

I keep getting the error that I am missing these two DLL files the thread is so titled.  I've tried downloading them, both 64 and 32 bit, put them in the right places, but i get the "application failed to start" error with code "0xc000007b".  I've tried uninstalling the redist packages (32 and 64) for 2010 per instructions and reinstalling, no go.  I need to use this software, you guys!  Help!  Windows 10 64, fresh install, fully updated.

My best guess is your installs are failing because you already have a newer version of the VS runtimes installed. Please read the following: 

Please install the Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime. If you are on 32 bit Windows you only need the 32 bit version (x86). If you are on 64 bit Windows, you will need to install both the 32 bit (_x86) and 64 bit versions. http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe
The  32 bit version can be found here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x86.exe
IMPORTANT: If you try to install Visual Studio 2013 and the installer says you already have a newer version, then you need to uninstall the newer version so that 2013 can successfully install. Windows update will later install the latest version, but you'll keep the DLL Files Spriter needed. 

Please let me know if that works for you.

22 hours ago, roracle said:

Oh okay, the forum posts keep saying 2010, and I didn't see on the DL page it was supposed to be 2013. I'll try later on and update.

EDIT:

Okay it worked this time, thank you!

Awesome. thanks. If it's not too much trouble, can you link me to where it says 2010 so I can fix that ASAP?

thanks very much.

-Mike

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, rogergaps said:

I'm having the same problem.. Been using Spriter for several years, but now I had to format the PC. When trying to open Spriter, I got these missing dll messages. Installed both Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtimes on a clean Windows 10 and it didn't work. Help please :-(

Every time so far someone thinks this is the case, it's because they already have a newer version of visual studio installed, so the install does not let the install of 2013 actually take place. In this case, you unfortunately need to first uninstall the newer version, then install VS 2013.. later a windows update will restore you to the latest version, but the required dll files will stay intact and Spriter will work. 

5 minutes ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Every time so far someone thinks this is the case, it's because they already have a newer version of visual studio installed, so the install does not let the install of 2013 actually take place. In this case, you unfortunately need to first uninstall the newer version, then install VS 2013.. later a windows update will restore you to the latest version, but the required dll files will stay intact and Spriter will work. 

I have only these installed and still getting the error messages

de.png

I think one other person had this issue and it turned out they were running some obscure antivirus which was preventing the required DLLs from installing, even though they are harmless... you could try temporarily disabling any realtime protection, reinstalling the visual studio distributes, then see if that works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

5 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

I think one other person had this issue and it turned out they were running some obscure antivirus which was preventing the required DLLs from installing, even though they are harmless... you could try temporarily disabling any realtime protection, reinstalling the visual studio distributes, then see if that works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't have any antivirus installed, just Windows Defender. Even so, disabling it and reinstalling the visual studio distributes didn't work. Can't I just drag these dlls into the Windows folder? =S

UPDATE - after installing some updates for Windows 10 and reinstalling VS 2013, I'm not getting the MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll error messages, but the MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll. Does this mean I have to install another Visual Studio runtime?

UPDATE 2 - Ok, installing both VR 2010 32 bits and 64 bits fixed the issue. What a relief :D thanks for your time

• 3 weeks later...

Hi having trouble getting Spriter to run for the first time. Getting missing dll file messages. I have installed Visual Studio 2013, both 32 and 64 bit as my machine is running 64. I uninstalled spriter and installed again. Same issue. Visual Studio 2013 is the latest on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Am I missing something? 

46 minutes ago, Wyverntales said:

Hi having trouble getting Spriter to run for the first time. Getting missing dll file messages. I have installed Visual Studio 2013, both 32 and 64 bit as my machine is running 64. I uninstalled spriter and installed again. Same issue. Visual Studio 2013 is the latest on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Am I missing something? 

If you're positive you don't have an newer version of Visual studio installed, which would block in the install of 2013, AND you're sure you installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions, then there's only one thing I can think of.  A long time ago one customer had the same issue and it turned out their virus protection software was blocking the dll from being installed. The solution was to temporarily turn off the virus protection, then install visual studio (both 32 and 64 bit) then install Spriter.

Please let me know if that works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Você não tem acesso a esse idioma para fazer o download do arquivo para fazer o backup do erro, (MSVCP100.DLL) mas baixei o arquivo correspondente as minhas configurações mas ele não funcionou poderia me ajudar? OBS:  http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe   

arquivo que baixei, || baixei == download ||

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2020 at 3:31 PM, pesij said:

I get the error missing msvcp120.dll file error I don't know from which program it came maybe more than one, how to detect the problem and fix it? where should I find the file or just to format the whole PC and reinstall the WIN 10?

We've heard from many users that installing the trial or full version of Adobe creative suite./Photoshop resolves this issue! It must install the dll file that Spriter needs during it's install process. https://www.adobe.com/sea/creativecloud/start-with-free-creativecloud.html

If you don't want to or can't install the Adobe creative cloud, then please do the following:

Please install the Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime. If you are on 32 bit Windows you only need the 32 bit version (x86). If you are on 64 bit Windows, you will need to install both the 32 bit (_x86) and 64 bit versions. http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe
The  32 bit version can be found here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x86.exe
IMPORTANT: If you try to install Visual Studio 2013 and the installer says you already have a newer version, then you need to uninstall the newer version so that 2013 can successfully install. Windows update will later install the latest version, but you'll keep the DLL Files Spriter needed. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tengo el mismo Error

La aplicacion no se pudo iniciar correctamente ( 0xc000007b ).

Al principio tenia el error de los DLL MSVCP120.dll. Pero instale el Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 y ahora tengo el error 0xc000007b.

Tengo instalado tambien Visual Estudio C++ 2019 ya que lo necesito para programar.

Uso Edicion Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:15 PM, bernardo said:

Tengo el mismo Error

La aplicacion no se pudo iniciar correctamente ( 0xc000007b ).

Al principio tenia el error de los DLL MSVCP120.dll. Pero instale el Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 y ahora tengo el error 0xc000007b.

Tengo instalado tambien Visual Estudio C++ 2019 ya que lo necesito para programar.

Uso Edicion Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1

Hi Bernardo,

Mroverlord reported the same issue earlier, but this seems to be a new problem which we'll need more information to find the solution for. 

Are you sure you actually installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2013, because unless you uninstall all newer versions first, it will only pretend to install, but if you pay attention later to the message it gives when it says it finished, it will tell you it didn't bother actually installing it because you already have a later version installed. 

I'm not positive about this new problem with )xc000007b, but in all previous cases of missing DLL errors, if the user installs the free trial of Adobe's creative cloud with Photoshop, then it resolves the issue.. The Adobe suite must install the same DLL's which Spriter happens to need as well.

Hola Bernardo,

Mroverlord informó el mismo problema anteriormente, pero este parece ser un problema nuevo para el que necesitaremos más información para encontrar la solución.

¿Está seguro de que realmente instaló Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013, porque a menos que desinstale todas las versiones más nuevas primero, solo pretenderá instalar, pero si presta atención más tarde al mensaje que le da cuando dice que terminó, le dirá que no lo hizo? No se moleste en instalarlo porque ya tiene instalada una versión posterior.

No estoy seguro de este nuevo problema con) xc000007b, pero en todos los casos anteriores de errores de DLL faltantes, si el usuario instala la prueba gratuita de la nube creativa de Adobe con Photoshop, entonces resuelve el problema. La suite de Adobe debe instalar el mismas DLL que Spriter también necesita.