Event Trigger Issue in SpriterGM *Solved*

Odolwa Aztec

I'm using the tutorial for SpriterGM posted by GradusGL on YT (shown below), however I have encountered an issue regarding event triggering.  After setting the trigger event in a walk animation in Spriter, I then went back into GameMaker & called the 'spriter_is_trigger' script to create a foot step object, but nothing is appearing.  As far as I can tell, the event trigger in Spriter isn't being read, but I'm not sure if that's because of something I'm not doing on the Spriter side, or if it's an issue with GameMaker.  I've followed the tutorial exactly as it's shown (from 10:00 to 13:30), but I can't see what I'm doing differently.  Can anyone suggest anything?  Many thanks.

OK, back again.  I have since discovered that every time a change is made in Spriter, I have to save the file and then delete and replace the earlier version of that same folder over in Game Maker before it registers.  They neglected to show this in the video, so it wasn't entirely clear. 

I assume if I were using Spriter in Unity, saving there wouldn't require doing this?  I don't know.  In any case, it's a bit of a hassle to have to keep moving back and forth, especially when the animations contain a lot a parts.

I've read about how you guys have approached the Game Maker devs to better integrate the software and how they instead decided to focus on GM2.  It's a shame, as I've liked what I've seen with Spriter so far (I'm not going to stop using it, btw), so I hope you can maybe make progress with them on this at some point.

• Odolwa Aztec changed the title to Event Trigger Issue in SpriterGM *Solved*

I'm glad you figured out the problem. Sorry I just spotted this thread now. I think the only way to entice the developers of GMS to better support Spriter is to make Spriter as popular as possible, with the most useful content and features. We've got several nice new art packs coming early 2018, and some other plans brewing. Wish us luck.