Last keyframe not exporting at all in all condition(spritesheet, seq. image, etc..)

easy monkey

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with spriter that have quite a few bugs. And not the simplest ones.

As I already know spriter doesn't export large canvas spritesheet. So i'm doing on -1100 -1100 1100 300 square size where all animations goes, for future unity export.

However, recently I experienced rather an annoying bug that doesn't export the full animation on 24fps. I tried everything, smaller canvas size, keyframes only, moved the keyframes in the timeline. well nothing works, the last animation doesnt load into my spritesheet, anyone know how to get around this one ?

thank you

Hi Mike and thanks for replying.

Actually I was exporting each animation under a new spritesheet and it worked. Until my canvas export was too big and my spritesheet were blank. So I had to actually lower the canvas size for export. It worked. Until now that the last keyframe, the last pose in the animation doesn't export.

When I choose "keyframe only" it does export, but the animation doesn't look good, i want to export in 24 fps with the twins between each keyframes. And when I do export, then the last animation is not on my spritesheet. I tried many different ways, lower canvas size, move keyframes, add less row, more columns, etc... nothing seems to work .

So I don't really know what to do. I export a timeline of a 1000 on a canvas size of -1100 -1100 1100 300 in 24fps

Thanks

I think it's a matter of the math and there's not enough room for all the frames. You can export as separate images and have another program merge them into a sprite-sheet.or just get the last frames that are not fitting and add them manually to the sprite sheet with a program like Gimp or Krita.
I found these free tools:

https://github.com/nickgravelyn/SpriteSheetPacker

http://www.darkfunction.com/editor/

Thanks for the help, but how come does that happen? I just need my last animation. Should I use a third party application to export my animation that I made in Spriter? I can't seem to understand.

Will I loose my twins if I export each frame separately ?

I'm a bit confuse, but....should I delete some frames in my animation then?

Thanks for the help, but how come does that happen? I just need my last animation. Should I use a third party application to export my animation that I made in Spriter? I can't seem to understand.

No, export from Spriter as seque4ntial images to any FPS you want. this will include the tweens.

Will I loose my twins if I export each frame separately ? 

No

I'm a bit confuse, but....should I delete some frames in my animation then?

No

Export as sequential images, then use another program like4 I linked to previously to merge them into a sprite sheet. Export them at any FPS you want.

@Mike

Hi,

I actually did what you ask me too. I downloaded a third party application to glue my sequential images that I export with spriter pro (I bought the licence)
The last animation does not export even in that way.

I reduced my timeline to 782 instead of 1000. Reduced my canvas size. Installed both application that are a bit tedious to use, succedded at making one work. Moved keyframes, make 19 images instead of 24n still...I don't get my last animation :(

It was working fine until recently, is there any option in spriter that I inadvertently activated that doesn't allow me to export my last keyframe?

Is there anyone having that kind of trouble? I'm starting to be desperate.

thanks

OH! I just realized what is causing your problem!  It's not a bug, it's caused by a misunderstanding of an animation timeline and how that effects export.

If you export keyframes only, it will export all key-frames, regardless of their position on the time-line, even if you have a key-frame at the very end of the timeline... BUT..

If you have a keyframe at the very end of the timeline, then what you're telling Spriter is you want that particular keyframe to be displayed for only 1 THOUSANDTH of a second, so you'd have to export the animation at a ridiculous 1000 frames per second for that exact key frame to ever be exported, and it would be lost in an ocean of way too many frames ;)

If you're exporting based on FPS, then make sure any key-frame you want to be exported is actually displayed for long enough.. meaning if you are exporting at 24 FPS, then make sure there is 240 thousandths of a second or more AFTER the last key-frame! If you do this and your animation is not meant to be looped, make sure you turn off looping for that animation before exporting, so that last key frame isn't tweened with the first frame of the animation.

Does this make sense?

@Mike THANK YOU SO MUCH!

finally I understood with your explanation. This simple detail just ruined my entire week of work but I know now what it was.

I use a timeline on a 1000 so the last keyframe was at the very end, and couldn't understand the problem. Now I placed them between 900 and 1000 and it worked fine! I could export it!

However I find it hard sometimes to export, as I need to restart my computer in some moments to be able o export my sprites as my files get blank. WHen I restart it work fine, maybe a memory issue?

Ohhhh I see ! I could have done that! Instead I just moved all frames. I will know for next time.

Thank you again!

One last thing, why does spriter have a hard time processing large canvas for spritesheet export? Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I need to close and open the program in order to make that work. How come that happens? Is it the same problem as this one? https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4488-spritesheet-export-not-saving/