Handling different equipments

A4R

Hi all,

Im new to this community, just bought spriter a week ago didn't had enough time to work with it (till now).
But it looked quite interesting and something I was looking for.

I have the RPG Spriter pack with Spriter pro and I would like what the best way is to export the objects that makes a character separately, so i can merge them in different combinations in the game.

For example
- male_chest_body_left, male_chest_whitearmor_left, male_chest_goldarmor_left
- male_arm_body_left, male_arm_woodenshield_left, male_arm_ironshield_left
with the various animations, ofcourse, so i can use them dynamically in my game.

I tried to search the forums, the only interesting thing i could find is character mapping, but its not answering my question.

If you're using a language or authoring system with Spriter playback support (Spriter API/Spriter plug-in) you could take advantage of the character maps system directly in-game:

Otherwise, your best bet is to create character maps that hide everything except one body part at a time (right arm for example), then export your sprite sheet with each character map turned on so you end up with your set of sprite sheets for each part.

• 3 months later...