Slightly Changing My Animation and it goes crazy.

Michael Oliver

Hi Mike,  I need help.   I'm having trouble with moving one piece of an animation and other pieces moving on their own when I never moved them.  There are no bones attached between the motorcycle and other objects.  If I move the motorcycle, all sorts of mystery animations appear with things moving that I never moved. 

In the vid, I start by playing the animation to show that there are no tweens and only one keyframe at 0.  I move one thing and all sorts of weird stuff happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, that should not be happening.

Please zip up your entire project folder (spriter file and all the images it uses) and email it to mike@brashmonkey.com so I can take a look.

Also, please tell em what version of Spriter you're using and in what specific OS

Hopefully, we can resolve this quickly for you.

Hi again Michael,

a few problems, including corruption,  which we fixed.  I'm sending you a fixed scml file via private message here on the forums in a minute.:

1) you have a massive motorcycle redundant image in the keyframe which is doing nothing and not behaving properly.. perhaps because of its size or because its saved in greyscale as opposed to RGB. That should be removed from the folder as well.

2) Spriter is not supposed to allow for there to not be a key-frame for everything in the canvas at keyframe zero... if you scroll down in your original file somehow 2 objects have no keyframe at zero and the keyframes are further along in the timeline.. drag these two keyframes for these objects all the way back to zero. (we did that for you.)

3) There was another object with a keyframe further along in the timeline without a mainline key.. that also was not supposed to be possible.. just delete that object keyframe (we did that for you)

These are the corruptions in the data that caused you the strange behavior, but we don't know how they got that way... other than the very large motorcycle image,

please verify the new fixed file resolves the problems for you and if they reappear, pay attention to what you did before it happened so we can figure out how this corruption is occurring in the first place.

thanks for your patience.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks for the kind words, we're very glad to help.

Please do keep an eye out for similar problems and try and remember what features, work-flow and images you used before the problem occurs so we can figure out how the file got corrupted in the first place. to my recollection you're the only one with such an issue in a very long time, so there's likely some very specific event or set of events needed for the issue to occur.

cheers.

I'm pretty sure the problem was my fault for 3 reasons.  1. Trying to reuse a file from another Spriter animation to save myself the effort of rigging another character which led to leftover keyframes and tweens that weren't showing up.  2. Using that motorcycle.png which was too large and not saved in RGB.  3. I barely know what I'm doing. 

Thanks for your help.