Slightly Changing My Animation and it goes crazy.

My sprite is going nuts (or maybe it's me)  I spent quite a while creating a decent looking run animation using a spriter art pack.  Been using it in a game and decided I wanted to create another sprite with the same animation but making the character lean forward preparing to jump. Made a copy of the file before I began editing.  In the new file, I went to the first key frame and got my player positioned just right, but when I went to other keyframes, I found that all the other pieces in other key frames looked like a bomb went off; head going this way, arms going that, when I never positioned the parts like that. I understand that changes have to be copied to other keyframes, but this is different. Tried the "ctrl u and ctrl i" thing and that didn't help.  Tried the "paste to all other frames" thing and that made it worse. This happened especially to the next key frame after the one I edit. 

Did "ctrl z" all the way back to the beginning and found the keyframes were OK.   Repositioned my player again and the other frames went nuts again.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.   I also noticed that some of the bones lost their attachment to the body parts and to each other.  Seems like that had something to do with the chaos. 

I made this animation in the previous version of Spriter and am doing the editing in the latest version.  Can that be the reason?  Can anyone give me some insight? 

Hi Michael,
Yeah, it sounds like somehow you're changing the hierarchy (making some sprites or bones no longer the child of other bones). Are you changing any parenting settings intentionally when you edit the first key-frame?

Without seeing a screen recording of your process to edit the first key-frame it's going to be very hard to trouble-shoot this problem.

If possible, please record your screen and show the animation playing first as it comes from the art pack, then yourself editing the first key frame, then the resulting chaos.

If you're not actively holding B and clicking on things or changing the order of things in the hierarchy palette it sounds like a bug, but I can't be sure until I see the entire process.

thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks, Mike.  In the first keyframe, I noticed that most of the bones in the upper body were no longer connected to the body parts, so I clicked each bone, then held down the "b" key and clicked body parts to reconnect.  I only did this in the first keyframe.  I didn't think of it at the time, but I would bet that the problem would have gone away if I went to all the keyframes and reconnected the bones before I moved anything. 

I finally got around the problem by deleting the entire upper body on all but the first keyframe, editing the first keyframe, and pasting the edited upper body that I leaned forward, into all the other keyframes.  That worked. 

Do you think there would be an issue between the previous version and your latest version that could cause the bones to disconnect from body parts?  I still love Spriter.  Great software, thanks for making it.

10 hours ago, Michael Oliver said:

Thanks, Mike.  In the first keyframe, I noticed that most of the bones in the upper body were no longer connected to the body parts, so I clicked each bone, then held down the "b" key and clicked body parts to reconnect.  I only did this in the first keyframe.  I didn't think of it at the time, but I would bet that the problem would have gone away if I went to all the keyframes and reconnected the bones before I moved anything. 

I finally got around the problem by deleting the entire upper body on all but the first keyframe, editing the first keyframe, and pasting the edited upper body that I leaned forward, into all the other keyframes.  That worked. 

Do you think there would be an issue between the previous version and your latest version that could cause the bones to disconnect from body parts?  I still love Spriter.  Great software, thanks for making it.

If body parts got disconnected from bones without you editing the hierarchy in the hierarchy palette or by holding the B key then that would definitely be a bug, but I've not experienced this and no one else has reported any such issue.  Are you sure you hadn't accidentally changed the hierarchy at some point in your repositioning? Did you maybe temporarily de-child images to change bone positions and then reattach? That could possibly cause some chaos in the later frames.