Can't find Scale Inheritance

spritist

I'm feeling dumb over here, video tutorials show me that on right clicking a bone I get three icons, one of which allows toggling Scale Inheritance. I'm using Pro release 11 and I'm getting a different menu, that doesn't have a Scale Inheritance option. What am I not getting, where'd it go, does my version not have the feature?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, spritist said:

Bumping this.

Is the question that ridiculous or am I not being clear enough?

Would very much appreciate a reply

It's not right click, its click and hold, and this only works if the bone you're mouse pointer is currently over is a child of another bone. Please let me know if this helps.

cheers.

well, it helped in that it got me looking for alternative click types.

turns out it's actually ctrl + hold right mouse button ...

and may I add that those icons aren't all that self explanatory either, nor is the on-release toggle of said buttons. that just makes it hard to keep track of their current state.

hrmpf.

1 hour ago, spritist said:

well, it helped in that it got me looking for alternative click types.

turns out it's actually ctrl + hold right mouse button ...

and may I add that those icons aren't all that self explanatory either, nor is the on-release toggle of said buttons. that just makes it hard to keep track of their current state.

hrmpf.

Are you on a Mac perhaps? on Windows it's just the right mouse button.

33 minutes ago, spritist said:

Nope, win 7, pc.

Qwerty Keyboard Layout, if that matters any

Wow. that's really strange. Edgar (Spriter's programmer) and I both use exclusively Qwerty keyboards (American specifically) You're the first Windows user I know of to report such an issue. Perhaps your OS has some kind of hot or sticky-key related setting that's changing/interfering with the input...? 

Sry, I meant Qwertz layout, replied from mobile, gof confused there :P

Dunno about any settings, at least nothing I'm aware of.

But I verfied again, and I'm getting more confused by the minute:
Now it appears to work when holding right mouse button only, no more ctrl. That's freaking odd cos, that's what I first came here for, see above. I used to not get that menu at all, after your reply tried ctrl-right click, which worked, now I'm getting it even without ctrl. What the heck.

(Hard to repro, but I believe it's not even consistent: when I went back from the browser while typing this it briefly seemed to go back to the ctrl version. Atm it's reight click only again. Confused as hell)

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2017 at 2:46 PM, spritist said:

Sry, I meant Qwertz layout, replied from mobile, gof confused there :P

Dunno about any settings, at least nothing I'm aware of.

But I verfied again, and I'm getting more confused by the minute:
Now it appears to work when holding right mouse button only, no more ctrl. That's freaking odd cos, that's what I first came here for, see above. I used to not get that menu at all, after your reply tried ctrl-right click, which worked, now I'm getting it even without ctrl. What the heck.

(Hard to repro, but I believe it's not even consistent: when I went back from the browser while typing this it briefly seemed to go back to the ctrl version. Atm it's reight click only again. Confused as hell)

Sorry you're still having this issue. As no one else is reporting such things my best guess is there's something specific to your hadrware/software and OS configurations which Spriter is getting confused by. Have you seen such behavior in any other program?

Do you happen to be using a specialty input device like wacom tablet? Some tablets (and other devices like trackball) with some drivers sometimes seem to cause problems in Spriter.