is there an easy way to resize a png and keep the correct scale

sagispin

I'm not sure I understand your question. It sounds like you imported and used a needlessly big image without first scaling it down to an appropriate size using something like Krita,Gimp, or Irfanview.

Spriter offers no way to scale actual image files, it only manipulates images inside Spriter, never altering the actual image files.

If I understand your problem properly, what you need to do is look at the scale you used in Spriter for that image (like o.5 for instance), then change that image in one of the programs I mentioned or any program that can scale images for you to the same scale you had set it to in spriter, (saving over the original over-sized version), and then fix the scale of your now shrunken image in Spriter to be 1.0 in any key frame that changes it's scale.

Please let me know if this helps you resolve your issue. If not, please make a screen recording video explaining your problem with greater detail.

cheers.

thanks for the reply Mike

"now shrunken image in Spriter to be 1.0 in any key frame that changes it's scale"

that is what i ended up doing, but it ruined some animations that had to do with scale and origin point.
i ended up sending back the spriter file to the designer to re-do some of the animations.

not only that, changing origin point caused the "generate sprite sheets for project images" to generate some pngs 2 times, rather then 1.

next time i will demand that all parts of the animations will have the same proportions of scale and trimmed when imported to spriter.

i do not know your priorities, but i do want to point this things out for potential features on your next update one day in the future.