Looking for help with reusing animations

GC3K

I am creating multiple characters of different sizes/shapes/body types (but all constructed in a similar way, as in bones for the head/torso/limbs/etc). Some of the required animations are similar, such as jumping, falling, etc. Instead of posing characters individually for the same type of animations, are there any ways for Spriter to import animation sequences to different projects?

I'm working on a game for mobile and Steam, and I am the only person assigned to creating the character assets. Along with options for reusing animation sequences, any general advice for reducing my workload toward meeting the development deadlines would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how can I add two installations of Spriter on the same computer? Spriter 6.1's experimental FFD is invaluable for completing this project, but I would like access to the latest stable release without losing the FFD function. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

The fact that the characters have different proportions will make reusing the animations difficult. For example, if one character has a very broad chest and wide shoulders, but the original animations sets were for a character with a very narrow chest and shoulder-span, then the bone set up just won't work for the new, broad-shouldered character... his arms will be deeply embedded in his own rib-cage.

If characters are only somewhat different in proportions that can be created just by tweaking the images but keeping the skeleton the same then you should look into the character map feature.

It might still be worth it to start a new by cloning the entire Spriter project for your first character, saving over all the images with the newly painted character images, then going through and fixing all the limb placement in all the key frames... but there are too many factors involved to know for sure.

Sorry for the delayed reply. btw.