Correcting User mistakes

vubidugil

I know I started working on my animation the wrong way. But is there a solution to fixing my mistakes without starting everything from scratch?

It was animating a character, and I was adding more and more parts, different types of eyes, or hairstyles. As a matter of organization I should have created subfolders for this sort of thing but I did not. When I start the project with images that are no longer in the root folder, a red error count appears. My question is, would it be possible to reset the images from another folder with the left mouse button shortcut searching for an old image that is inside a new subfolder , or the only solution is to delete the error messages in the scene and drag a new image from the palette?

Another thing I certainly did wrong was not to establish an image source point by using the default pivot button. Whenever I added a new part to the scene, I just dragged the guide to the rotation position inside the bounding box of the image. Now whenever I try to replace a part of the animation I need to manually reset the location of the pivot. Is it possible to copy the pivo point? Select a component of the animation, and make the spiter recognize that the point used should be considered the default? Because when I click on an object in the palette and try to set it as the default pivot, the indicator always stays on the upper left side.

Sorry for my english, the google translator has helped me.

parado2.gif

I was able to solve some of the problems

Since I set the source points directly in the animation area and not by double-clicking the images on the pallet, the "default default pivot point" button did not work. Then I found the option to left click on the source point of the image and use the option "Overwrite default pivot". This solved my problem in adjusting the origin of the objects that make up the animation.

I only had a small problem, after using the option "Overwrite default pivot" my sprite did not work anymore the option of CTRL + Z, being necessary to save and restart the project.

The "char maps" function helped me with the issue of using images in other folders. I just had a little doubt. How to keep an animation with the Char map after restarting the project? I always have to repeat the addition of the char map.

giphy.gif

bottom right of the character map pallet. activate the character map, then choose "bake active to new entity". This will make a new entity with a copy of all the animations using the new images by default. Then simply delete the original entity.

Always back up your entire project before doing stuff like this.