Sounds Volume in Construct 2

Ravenlegend

Hi, I set up some sounds in spriter as the Tutorial videos show, I then set their volumes in spriter. When I imported them to Construct and set up the Sound trigger event as shown in the tutorial, None of the volumes I set remained, instead all of the sounds play at 100%, is there a way to get construct 2 to refer back to the volume levels assigned by Spriter or do I need to manually lower each sounds volume level in a separate audio program before using them? Thank you.

@Ravenlegend Make sure to fill in the optional Tag field in the AudioPlay action (below left)

And then use the On sound volume triggered condition, along with something like the Audio - Set volume action below on the right.

Spriter uses a volume ratio, with 0.0 for no volume, and 1.0 for full volume, 0.5 for half, etc, while Construct 2 uses decibel attenuation.  Adjust the -20 to something larger if it's not making a large enough volume difference.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

soundVolume.png

On 3/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, lucid said:

@Ravenlegend Make sure to fill in the optional Tag field in the AudioPlay action (below left)

And then use the On sound volume triggered condition, along with something like the Audio - Set volume action below on the right.

Spriter uses a volume ratio, with 0.0 for no volume, and 1.0 for full volume, 0.5 for half, etc, while Construct 2 uses decibel attenuation.  Adjust the -20 to something larger if it's not making a large enough volume difference.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

soundVolume.png

is That ( between the *and1 on -20*(1-scml correct? it wouldnt let me input that string as is, and when I deleted the ( it made all kinds of slow down noises. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 years later...