Import another proyect into current doesn't work

Negruria

Hi Spriter community, I open this topic to consult for the use of importing a project inside another one, since I am probably using it badly.

First I go to File> Other File Actions> Import Another Project Into Current> OK> [select other scml file]> Copy to base folder and overwrite [same images]> OK ...

That in theory should create a new project entity imported in the project
Which I am currently working on, but it does not seem to work. My colleague tried and neither could. Any solution?

Before using this feature, be sure to back up BOTH Spriter projects first so you can always roll back the the two emerged originals if something goes wrong.

Keep in mind, this feature is to merge Spriter projects, and not simply scml files. and for this reason, you cant merge to scml files which current reside in the same folder.

To quote directly from the manual:

"Also, while in the process of backing up its important to note that for Spriter to merge two projects, they must start completely separately...meaning in separate main folders.  You can not merge Spriter files (scml or scon) which are already in the same main project folder....so If you need to merge two such Spriter files, then you’ll first need to make 2 copies of the entire folder which includes both Spriter files"

Here is a link to the full manual page online:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/importing one spriter project into another.htm

Is it possible you're trying to marge two scml files which are already in the same folder?

If not, can you screen record your attempt at merging, first showing the two separate Spriter projects you will attempt to merge?

Thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey