Spriter Pro does not work

lamanachagris

Hi,

When reporting issues please specific which OS you are running on.

If you're on windows, please do the following:

please install the Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime. If you are on 32 bit Windows you only need the 32 bit version. If you are on 64 bit Windows, you will need to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

If you try to and a message pops up telling you you already have a newer version, then unfortunately you have to uninstall the newer version first so you can install 2013 (both 32 bit and 64 bit versions if you are on a 64 bit pc) but once your windows update kicks in it will install tbhe latest version of VS, without removing the DLL files Spriter needs.

1 hour ago, lamanachagris said:

Hello, I am using window 10 of 64 bit already perform the installation of Visual Studio 2013 C ++ runtime, it does not start the program

Please try running the Spriter.exe file directly. When you do, is there any error message?

Are you sure specifically the 2013 version of VS installed successfully in both 32 and 64 bit or did it tell you you already have a newer version?

If it said you already have a newer version, then it did not install 2013.. You'd need to uninstall the newer version, then install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of 2013.  This is the only way to get the dll's Spriter needs (for those who's computer didn't already have them). Windows will later update you to the latest VS, but it wont remove the dll's Spriter needs,

Does this help?

Thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

1 minute ago, Anthony Miller said:

I installed spriter on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and I got several DLL errors even after installing  Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime.  That said, I downloaded/installed  Visual Studio 2010 C++ runtime and it resolved my problem.  Thought I'd mention it incase it helps anyone.

Thanks for the info Anthony. When you installed the 2013 runtime, had you installed only 64 bit, or did you do both the 32 bit (_x86) and the 64 bit versions?

• 3 years later...

Still an issue in 2020 with new systems on Win10 64.

Had problems with the steam version on a 64bit lenovo yogabook, the one with integrated bamboo pad.

I received no error, was launching and than closing immediately. It worked only after I installed the 32b version of VS C++ 2013 even though the system is 64.( the link is above, in a comment from Mike )