Can't open art packs installed via Steam

MagicTom

Hi! I'm a noob that just got started with Spriter via the Humble Bundle offer that started today.

I installed Spriter via steam, as well as 6 additional art packs. In Spriter, the only mention I could find to open these was Help -> My Art Packs, but clicking this had no effect other than the menu closing. Nothing happened.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I found the art packs at ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Spriter/Art Packs and can open them manually if need be, but with having hundreds of new assets to explore, that's a darn tough way to browse. I'm hoping I'm missing a feature here :)

First, open your steam, verify if the checkbox are selected (Image1: Spriter.png).
After this, open your Spriter, and click File>Open Project (or "ctrl+O"), and select this path (Image2: Spriter2.png):

Steam>steamapps>common>Spriter>Art Packs

And choose your installed art pack.

Note: the step1 is necessary, because you need download your Art Pack after purchase.

If you want open a animation, choose the SCML file, for example: player.scml or Boss.scml.

Spriter2.png

Spriter.png

Hey Usori :) As noted in my original post, I have no issues loading the art packs manually. I found the location, and they open just fine.

My concern (and, potentially, my bug report) was that a menu item in the application is not working. I'm hoping that there is a fix, because it leads me to believe that it might be a convenient way to browse the art packs I have installed visually (if it worked), rather than going one-by-one and trying to judge by name which one I need.

• 2 weeks later...

What Operating system are you using? Do you have Spriter installed? Have you tried opening Spriter, and then loading them from Spriter's menu?

20 minutes ago, Herman1996 said:

Hi. I just started as well, and have somewhat the same problem. I can't open the pre-made figures (Male_128.scml/Female_128.scml) as seen in the youtube video.

My computer doesn't even show the sprite logo. Can anybody help me?

What do you mean they don't show at all? Do you mean their Icon doesn't show, or the scml file in its entirety doesn't show up? If the second is the case, how do you know they are there or are they not there? Do you mean from Spriter you can't find them, or just in the standard Windows file navigator?

Can you post a screen shot or even better a video of you navigating to the folder and what you see and don't see?

This is the path to my Steam Essentials Art Packs for Spriter: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spriter\Art Packs\Essentials

Are you looking in the same place?

• 1 year later...