v. 1.1.0 update Spriter 2D: Game Maker Studio extension

GradusGL

I've put triggers in some of my animations, and when it hits them, spriter_is_trigger returns true forever afterwards. I downloaded the trigger demo, and it doesn't seem the triggers are manually being set to false, so if anyone could help me figure out why they aren't being cleared, that would be great.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just copied my project using this addon to my tablet, and while it runs, any objects with Spriter images don't display. No errors are generated, and everything else runs fine.

On the off chance I had something configured wrong, I created an executable on my PC, verified that it worked properly, and copied that to my tablet, with the same results.

As far as I can tell, everything relevant is configured the same on both, and the only difference between the two that I can think might matter is that my PC has a Geforce video card, and the tablet uses generic onboard video.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it?

Edit to add: I just noticed that I'm getting the following error in the compile window on the tablet: "loadlibraryA failed with an error code 126". Google says that this is an OpenGL error, and it seems to normally be caused by bad AMD drivers - but my tablet is Intel Graphics, so AMD specific fixes won't work. I'm doing updates to a few different things to see if that fixes it; I'll update afterward.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2017 at 4:14 PM, simonmatts said:

Hi, is it really necessary to do all those tedious tasks to run and build for Android?

I get this error:

A problem occurred configuring project ':com.salamandra.dungeonsandme'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':com.salamandra.dungeonsandme:_debugApk'.
   > Project :com.salamandra.dungeonsandme declares a dependency from configuration 'compile' to configuration 'default' which is not declared in the descriptor for project :libspritergm.

Have you found the solution to this error? I am getting the same error.

3 hours ago, Chreech Okash said:

Have you found the solution to this error? I am getting the same error.

Yes, I resolved this specific error after many hours installing all the android stuff to a new folder and following the guidelines. But....... now when my game finds a spriter character it simply crashes. Every time.

On iOS, any spriter images are not displayed and I cannot interact with spriter objects. Great.

So, sadly for me, this extension is totally useless and broken.

3 hours ago, simonmatts said:

Yes, I resolved this specific error after many hours installing all the android stuff to a new folder and following the guidelines. But....... now when my game finds a spriter character it simply crashes. Every time.

On iOS, any spriter images are not displayed and I cannot interact with spriter objects. Great.

So, sadly for me, this extension is totally useless and broken.

That's so sad to hear. I had high hopes with it. So the android project crashes with it? Have you tried contacting the creator of this extension? I think he is dead since a long time.

13 hours ago, hathor said:

I hope that it gets updated soon for GMS2, that would be sweet.

I hope for same, it would make it easier for making far more customizable game, so far "file not found" is not good. That's why I created an account on this forum to see any updates right away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, hathor said:

I hope that it gets updated soon for GMS2, that would be sweet.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:55 AM, LucasCG said:

I hope for same, it would make it easier for making far more customizable game, so far "file not found" is not good. That's why I created an account on this forum to see any updates right away.

This does work in GMStudio 2, at least the basic functions do, but you need to use "working_directory" when loading the spriter file.  I tested this and it loaded my file without issue.  I cannot vouch for all the other feature yet.

3fb064e82535f90fcd5d277248282836.png

• 3 months later...

Because it's an dll based extension it won't work on any other platforms except Windows, am I right?

Do you plan adding a multi-platform support (something like an port to Mac and Linux) or is there already a workaround to get this extension working on another platform except for Windows?

I'm very happy to see that after a long time there's finally a GMS support for Spriter. Although it's still kinda frustrating to see that there's not a possibility to use it on all platforms (what I guess is one of the core reasons why ppl use GMS - they want to make games easily but also port them quite well).

Thanks anyways @GradusGL for sharing this awesome work!

Although I'd be really happy to see a full implementation of Spriter inside GMS2 soon maybe @Mike at BrashMonkey.

Cheers,

~Smoodi

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I know it's been a while since someone posted in this topic and last time @GradusGL been here about year ago, but I've found a problem with SpriterGM and GMS2 and spriter_is_trigger function. This issue has been mentioned already by @Kurtis Black:

On 3/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, Kurtis Black said:

I've put triggers in some of my animations, and when it hits them, spriter_is_trigger returns true forever afterwards. I downloaded the trigger demo, and it doesn't seem the triggers are manually being set to false, so if anyone could help me figure out why they aren't being cleared, that would be great.

Same problem here. I have a trigger set somewhere in the middle of my animation and when the animation is played first time, the trigger check is ok, but after the first time the trigger seem to start up at the beginning of animation and when the trigger is set. Does any of you know how to solve that issue? Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later...

WoYo-Sensei, I do not have GMS2, but in GMS the triggers work correctly. For example I use code if spriter_is_trigger(self,"test") show_debug_message("Triggered test"); to check if the trigger is triggered. If the trigger is not triggered,  spriter_is_trigger returns false (you can see it, if you open spriter_is_trigger script)

• 4 weeks later...

Porting a game from CF2.5, I noticed a lack of certain features in the GM spriter SPI (though I may be missing something.)

Can't set animation without blend time (can only set blend to 0, which still causes 1-frame-long bugs when changing animations.)

Both APIs have an issue where you can't change the animation if there's blendtime (even if it's 0) if the previous animation is finished. I got around this in CF2.5 by checking the currently playing animation against the target animation and the spriter "animation has finished" event being true, and if so, changing the animation without blendtime and setting the animation time to 0 . I don't see any way to find the currently playing animation in GM's API, nor a way to set animation time, and as said previously, can't change the animation without blending.

I also don't see a way to set an animation to a keyframe, which I used extensively in CF2.5.

6 hours ago, dustingunn said:

Porting a game from CF2.5, I noticed a lack of certain features in the GM spriter SPI (though I may be missing something.)

Can't set animation without blend time (can only set blend to 0, which still causes 1-frame-long bugs when changing animations.)

Both APIs have an issue where you can't change the animation if there's blendtime (even if it's 0) if the previous animation is finished. I got around this in CF2.5 by checking the currently playing animation against the target animation and the spriter "animation has finished" event being true, and if so, changing the animation without blendtime and setting the animation time to 0 . I don't see any way to find the currently playing animation in GM's API, nor a way to set animation time, and as said previously, can't change the animation without blending.

I also don't see a way to set an animation to a keyframe, which I used extensively in CF2.5.

You're basically on your own with this extension. The developer rarely responds and hasn't updated the repo in 8 months. Somebody is working on a new generic runtime that supports Spriter, Dragonbones and Spine. It's pure GML so it's compatible with every platform and it's being worked on fairly consistently with a developer you can actually get ahold of on the unofficial GM Discord. I highly recommend you check it out.

https://github.com/NuxiiGit/GML2DSkeletalAnimation

• 1 year later...

I know this post is a little old but is anyone still using this plugin with game maker studio 1.4? I love the functionality of these 2 programs together but I recently noticed that the memory usage in gamemaker’s debugger is maxed. I read somewhere that gamemaker using a high number of texture page swaps eats memory. I checked the textures/surfaces window of the debugger and every image from my Spriter project is on a different texture page. I’ve gotten rid of almost every object in my room, I’m not using any tiles and I don’t have any backgrounds and still the memory is maxed. Has anyone else had any issues like this?