Is the content Royalty Free?

Sladus79

Hello.  I was looking for the information if Spriter Pro and Art Packs are royalty free.  I can't find it anywhere.  Why is that? 

I would suggest that this be added to the description and to the license.  It would make me feel much better about using it.  I own all the packs but one.

Thanks very much for pointing this out. It's one of those situations where we typed and said that so many times we think its ubiquitous information yet simultaneously we neglected to put this info in the most obvious and important spots!

Yes. If you legally acquire them you have the legal rights (non-transferable) to use the in any and all of your game projects, whether they be free, commercial or otherwise.

"IMPORTANT: By legally acquiring an art pack from BrashMonkey LLC, you are granted use of the animations and the art for your own game projects. (whether the games be commercial or free), but purchase of the art pack does NOT grant the right to distribute the animations or art (altered or otherwise) to third parties for free or for profit for use in the creation of their products.

Click HERE to read the full Copyright Licensing Agreement."

This message can be found on the bottom of the art packs page here: https://brashmonkey.com/art-pack/

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Thanks very much for pointing this out. It's one of those situations where we typed and said that so many times we think its ubiquitous information yet simultaneously we neglected to put this info in the most obvious and important spots!

Yes. If you legally acquire them you have the legal rights (non-transferable) to use the in any and all of your game projects, whether they be free, commercial or otherwise.

"IMPORTANT: By legally acquiring an art pack from BrashMonkey LLC, you are granted use of the animations and the art for your own game projects. (whether the games be commercial or free), but purchase of the art pack does NOT grant the right to distribute the animations or art (altered or otherwise) to third parties for free or for profit for use in the creation of their products.

Click HERE to read the full Copyright Licensing Agreement."

This message can be found on the bottom of the art packs page here: https://brashmonkey.com/art-pack/

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Thank you for the response.  The reason I ask about the wording is that I used a RPG style game engine a few years ago and had a cool little game started, but one day I just happened to be going through the readme files and found one that said any money made using this companies software belongs to the company.  It did not say this anywhere on Steam, and when I posted questions about it, they removed them completely.  It did say you could use their software to make games, but nowhere did it say Royalty Free etc.  That is why I ask.  Of course the software can be used in any games, but that doesn't mean Royalty Free. 

5 hours ago, Sladus79 said:

Thank you for the response.  The reason I ask about the wording is that I used a RPG style game engine a few years ago and had a cool little game started, but one day I just happened to be going through the readme files and found one that said any money made using this companies software belongs to the company.  It did not say this anywhere on Steam, and when I posted questions about it, they removed them completely.  It did say you could use their software to make games, but nowhere did it say Royalty Free etc.  That is why I ask.  Of course the software can be used in any games, but that doesn't mean Royalty Free. 

Wow. That sounds pretty despicable.

If you purchased Spriter Pro from any authorized vendor, then all content from the Essentials packs are royalty free for you to use in any and all of your game projects, with no obligation to us (not even credits). If you purchase any of the full packs from any authorized vendor, all their content is royalty free for you to use in any and all of your game projects.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey