Steam Spriter Pro fails to startup

Unajer

So I recently tried to install Spriter Pro on my steam account. When it tries to open up, it shows a blank window for a bit, and then quits. I do not get an error message. However, when I downloaded the Spriter Free version from the website, and installed and ran that, it worked just fine, which makes me believe that the Steam version of Spriter.exe is the issue.

I've done the following steps:
Edit the registry to set "showVideoHelpOnStartup" to false
Edit the registry to set "openGLENabled" to false
Verify Integrity of application cache with steam (trying to run spriter.exe always causes 5 files to fail to validate)
Uninstalled and reinstalled (I have the issue where spriter's download hangs at around the 89% mark, but eventually finishes downloading)
Verified that I have Visual Studio 2013 runtime package

What do I do from this point onward? Is it possible for me to get a non-steam version of spriter pro since I already paid for this?

Did not work. I was curious and tried copying over the exe of the steam version over to the free version's install folder and seeing if that would work, and then I started encountering the same issue launching the exe from the free folder much like how I was having trouble with the steam version.

This leads me to believe that it's the steam version of the exe that is causing the crash.

@Unajer, one more thing I forgot to mention.  Are you trying to launch it from Steam?, or directly from the installation directory?  Steam needs to be running for the Steam version to open.  If not, the window will open and immediately close again, which sounds like what you're describing.  If that isn't the issue either I sent you a PM with one last thing to try.