Copy animation from different entity ?

CheztSummer

Hello, since I don't know this is bug or no, so I create new topic.

Is copy animation from different entity is suppose to be allowed ? or There some steps I missed.

I tried clone animation from first entity (Boy) and then I drag cloned animation to another entity then the Z-order become blank, you can select it but do nothing.
The sprite is still there but if you tried to move or do anything it crash the spriter.

2016-09-16 03_25_06-New notification.png

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem just now and was able to work around it by cloning an animation in the entity that you want to copy an animation to from another entity, then locking sprites and copying just the bones from the animation from the entity you want to copy from, and pasting just the bones to the animation in the entity you want to copy to, then repeat process with the sprites by locking the bones and selecting and copying just the sprites, and repeat this on a per-key basis. There may be an easier way, or a problem with this way, but that's what worked for me now.

What I've done in the past is try the automated method that should work but is broken and save the Spriter file, then edit it in a text editor...copying pasting the full and non-corrupted animation data from the original animation into the space for the clone animation that was created, but is missing information.