Import Into Current - Blocker Glitch

MisterMichaud

I'm setting up a Spriter animation pipeline at the studio I work at, but we've hit a serious blocker.

We need to have the ability to have several artist work in parallel to create animations for the same entity.  However, when trying to merge our files it creates duplicate entities.  This in itself wouldn't be an issue, but when trying to move / re-assign the animation to one of the the chosen entities, the animation which has been moved becomes glitched and cannot be viewed.

The behavior is a bit weird, in that I can temporarily "trick" Spriter into displaying the animation, provided I first click on an animation from the entity with which it was previously assigned.  This makes me hopeful that the data isn't lost, it's just that Spriter is getting wires crossed when trying to display it.

I've linked a video of the issue in action.  You can see near the end that I demonstrate the issue of the animation disappearing and reappearing several times.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfk8npkw769srm6/bandicam 2016-09-09 16-05-08-069.avi?dl=0

Hi MisterMichaus,

I recently managed to manually copy an animation from one entity to another by doing the following: (It might work for you in the short term, as it might take a while before a new build resolving the bug can be released.)
1) Make a copy of the animation you want in the target entity.
2) Try dragging the copy of the animation into you desired into the new entity in Spriter.. it will seem to work.

3) save the scml file.

4) Load the scml file into a good text editor and manually copy and paste the animation data from the original animation into the moved copy which is there, but missing some info.

Sorry I don't remember which specific part of the animation to copy over, but I'm guessing if I managed to figure it out you have a good shot at it too. 
If you cant get this working, feel free to email me (mike@brashmonkey.com) your Spriter project and tell me which animations you want in which entities and I'll give it a go and see if I can figure it out again.

cheers.