Spriter R9 Bug Thread

lucid

4 hours ago, sshukul said:

Undo doesn't work in Mac versions sometimes. Not Cmd-Z and not if I select Edit->Undo. Just does nothing. Seems to happen right after I save a file, it can no longer undo to the state right before the save.

Hi sshukul,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting the issue.

Can you please tell us which version of Mac OS you're using?
Is this true for any thing you do? ?If you add or move a sprite, rotate a bone, delete something, rename an animation etc. None of these things can be undone?

If you click on the history tab toward the lower-right of the Spriter interface, does it populate with actions when you do things like add or move sprites, and if you click on actions in the history, does it undo to that step?

Also, are you using any kind of specialty input devices like a wacom tablet?

thanks. Hopefully answering these questions can help us find a solution to the problem.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 5:05 AM, adamcreator said:

Sure thing! Pixel rounding is off. It sounds like it isn't already a known issue, then. In the screenshot, left is Spriter and right is C2. Her head and waist and hand are off in this case, but it happens to many other pieces too. The sprite sheet image itself is a large 8112x8112 pixels, 70,940kb, the scon that was made with the sheet is 1,435kb. I tried to compare the origin point data in the scon using Wordpad to a scon with working origin points, but I don't know enough about what origin point data I would copy to make it work. Thanks!

sc4.jpg

I'd still like help with this if possible. If it's not a bug and I should start a new thread in the help section I can do that too.

If it has anything to do with the issue, I use tiny red 5x5pixel PNGs that act as placeholders for character map character creation equipment that I was wondering if the self-drawing spritesheet method might somehow be swallowing up, such as with the 1 pixel buffer set in its options. There are also between 500-1,000 total images, with saved origin points, in the scml/scon, so maybe Spriter is somehow quitting before it saves everything, and that's why it doesn't load up every origin point in C2? Granted these are all just speculations. I don't actually know what's going on. I'd just prefer to be able to use the new self-drawing method because C2 often wants to just freeze up when I try to load all those images using the original method.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something obvious. But Z-ordering seems to reset under this specific circumstance.

I recently purchased the RPG Heroes Pack and have been adding new elements to it. (Such as swords or wrist braces).

My workflow is as follows.

I add the new item (like a sword) into the first frame of the animation.

I CTRL-C it and then CTRL-SHIFT-V it into the other frames.

I adjust the placement in the other frames.

I adjust the Z-order of the first frame then use Edit>Copy Z-order to other frames.

This works as expected. However, when I go to add another element (Like wrist braces) and follow the same workflow as soon as I press CRTL-SHIFT-V the Z-order of the previous item (Swords in this example) resets.

If I restart Spriter after the first edit, the second edit works as it should.

Having to restart Spriter between edits is becoming rather time consuming.

I'm using the Steam version of Spriter Pro R9 on Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

Thanks for your time.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:13 AM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Hi Matsuro,

It is a known bug that pasting to all frames sometimes breaks the z-order. Thanks for the report and new information. I didn't know restarting Spriter makes any difference. I'll bring this to Edgar's attention.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

I think my issue is technically a bug with the self-drawing/sprite sheet method. But should I make a new thread for it?

Edit: Are the settings in this screencap correct? Or could something throw off or not save origin point data or positions in the final sprite sheet or saved scon?

Edit2: I just realized that all the origin points are simply being reset to the default; the upper left corners. Any way around this?

help.jpg

If it's not just me, or not because of something else, it also looks like when the main origin point of the scml object itself in C2 that uses the draw-self method is off screen, the whole scml object disappears, until its main origin point is back on-frame. I also notice moments when such a scml object temporarily disappears even when on-screen, but unsure what the cause is.

Not sure if this has been reported but I'm having an issue when renaming sounds. If you add a sound to an animation and rename it later, it creates two different sound references in the scml file and doesn't rename the soundline for the animation that the sound was previously added to. 

It looks like even if you remove all of the old named sounds it doesn't remove the old named reference in the files section of the scml. Every time you rename a sound, it creates a new reference. So basically, if I rename a sound 10 times, the scml file will have 10 references pointing to the previously named sound file (in theory)

UPDATE: I'm not sure what happened but all the old references are gone now. Not sure what happened but everything seems to be fine now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm working on a Unity project and recently started trying to use the new "Save as Resized" feature to reduce our texture requirements for our currently very large enemy assets. The newly resized .scml files look great in SpriterPro but appear broken in-game (with different sprites flying off of the body and back again based on the animation). I have attempted using both Spriter2UnityDX and SpriterDotNet on the Unity side and the issues exist in both which makes me wonder if there is something going on with the resize. 

Is there a known issue regarding this problem? Any suggestions on how I might track the issue down or find a work around?

Thanks,
James

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/09/2016 at 3:37 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Hi sshukul,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting the issue.

Can you please tell us which version of Mac OS you're using?
Is this true for any thing you do? ?If you add or move a sprite, rotate a bone, delete something, rename an animation etc. None of these things can be undone?

If you click on the history tab toward the lower-right of the Spriter interface, does it populate with actions when you do things like add or move sprites, and if you click on actions in the history, does it undo to that step?

Also, are you using any kind of specialty input devices like a wacom tablet?

thanks. Hopefully answering these questions can help us find a solution to the problem.

cheers.

Hi Mike

Sorry didn't check the forum for a while ... I can't seem to replicate this issue anymore. Might have been related to my OSX version but can't be sure. I was on El Capitan at the time I discovered the bug and I've updated to Sierra in the meantime. 

I do have another issue though; when I use the Copy and "Paste to all keys" feature to paste a selection of bones and sprites to all keys, it doesn't maintain the Z-order of the copied sprite and pastes it on top of everything else. I then have to manually set the z-order in every keyframe. Not sure if this is supposed to be intentional.

2 hours ago, sshukul said:

Hi Mike

Sorry didn't check the forum for a while ... I can't seem to replicate this issue anymore. Might have been related to my OSX version but can't be sure. I was on El Capitan at the time I discovered the bug and I've updated to Sierra in the meantime. 

I do have another issue though; when I use the Copy and "Paste to all keys" feature to paste a selection of bones and sprites to all keys, it doesn't maintain the Z-order of the copied sprite and pastes it on top of everything else. I then have to manually set the z-order in every keyframe. Not sure if this is supposed to be intentional.

This is a known bug that will hopefully be fixed in an up-coming update. In the meantime, there is a feature in the menu to copy z-order to all frames. if you fix the z-order in any frame you can then copy it to all other frames to quickly fix the z-order of your animation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • lucid unpinned and locked this topic