Spriter Awesome Boss Contest! $1000 Grand Prize! Official Rules

lucid

2 minutes ago, lucid said:

Hi.  I think you may have misread, it says:

If you still want to resubmit anyway, we will reopen the submission thread if and when every entrant agrees.  It seems so far that everyone will be in agreement, but we can't reopen the submission thread until we've officially gotten unanimous agreement.

I use youtube additional audio for my video, is it ok?

I am in agreement with the judges and the new prize pool, but it would be unfair to those who still took the time to make these animations to extend the contest deadline.

It is a fixed thing that everyone knew about for a while now, I received the email about the contest on 07/14/2016, I just took so long because I am lazy =3.

So I guess I am a half like on the post.

Just now, Ferraics Entertainment said:

I am in agreement with the judges and the new prize pool, but it would be unfair to those who still took the time to make these animations to extend the contest deadline.

It is a fixed thing that everyone knew about for a while now, I received the email about the contest on 07/14/2016, I just took so long because I am lazy =3.

Hi Ferraics,

We're going to need everyone's full agreement in order to resolve the current state of the contest.  One could say it was unfair to those who decided not to enter, that we switched judging systems the day the contest ended and now they'd only have 6 days to come up with something. Some people clearly would have entered if we had heeded the warnings and not gone with the YouTube likes judging system in the first place.

Also, while it would allow people to start on new entries, everyone who already entered had a massive head start and could now use this extra time to further improve their animations, so the edge is still overwhelmingly in the favor of those, like you, who already entered.

So your saying if I do not agree fully then it's still the broken like system.

If I do agree then we get the new and improved judges and prize pool, but new entries would make it that much harder for older entries to win, due to the number of entries that have the possibility to be made.

I am guessing it's more like people who didn't make the deadline already have something made and are just hoping that the deadline can be extended.

I am still strongly against the new dead line, but if it means we get the new judges and new prize pool then fine.

I will over look my own wishes and go for the betterment of the group.

Hello everyone!

We are a team composed by three people that had been working in a animation project in Spriter for quite a while, but refracted to entry in the contest due to the previous judging system in Youtube (sincerely, we think is way too broken and unfair).

Recently, we visited this site again to see how the contest was going, and we read that the judging system has changed and the deadline extended. We strongly agree with this change; good decision. It's more fair now.

So, if the deadline has been extended, we still can submit our entry, right? Our boss is practically finished.

Cheers and good luck ;)

Just now, Euphocomp said:

Hello everyone!

We are a team composed by three people that had been working in a animation project in Spriter for quite a while, but refracted to entry in the contest due to the previous judging system in Youtube (sincerely, we think is way too broken and unfair).

Recently, we visited this site again to see how the contest was going, and we read that the judging system has changed and the deadline extended. We strongly agree with this change; good decision. It's more fair now.

So, if the deadline has been extended, we still can submit our entry, right? Our boss is practically finished.

Cheers and good luck ;)

We're still waiting to hear back from the rest of the original entrants. Stay tuned.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Greetings~ I just read the new proposal and I'm all for it with no objection whatsoever ^^ 
really thank you for giving the judging system a second thought,

just 1 question though , I do not have to re-submit again right? I'm busy with other projects at the moment so I do not think I'll have time for making adjustments.

14 minutes ago, Aprowolf said:

Greetings~ I just read the new proposal and I'm all for it with no objection whatsoever ^^ 
really thank you for giving the judging system a second thought,

just 1 question though , I do not have to re-submit again right? I'm busy with other projects at the moment so I do not think I'll have time for making adjustments.

Right. no need for you to re-submit. please just click "like" On Lucid's post proposing the new judging rules if you have not already.

cheers.

4 hours ago, Ferraics Entertainment said:

I agree with Ferraics Enterrainment, I don't think it's fair for those who submitted in time. Who is in got in knowing there could be someone doing some foul play and even though people got it, gave their best to do everything in time to deliver in time. So, I think the deadline shouldn't be extended. Aside from that, I agree to the new rules.

1 hour ago, Jiih said:

I agree with Ferraics Enterrainment, I don't think it's fair for those who submitted in time. Who is in got in knowing there could be someone doing some foul play and even though people got it, gave their best to do everything in time to deliver in time. So, I think the deadline shouldn't be extended. Aside from that, I agree to the new rules.

I started to work on my boss submission when I first saw the announcement thread around late July and early August.

Artists had an entire month to work on it.

If we're extending the deadline, would we be allowed to improve our current submissions?

7 minutes ago, SuRge991 said:

I started to work on my boss submission when I first saw the announcement thread around late July and early August.

Artists had an entire month to work on it.

If we're extending the deadline, would we be allowed to improve our current submissions?

Yes, that would be one of the benefits.

Edit: We see you've already agreed to the new rules (liked the post). Thank you.

15 hours ago, Jiih said:

The reasons for the expanded prize pool were to make it easier for current entrants to accept the additional people who might join in.  If everyone doesn't agree to all of the changes, we will have to make a new post with the changes only relating to the judging method (removing the deadline extension and back down to three prizes).  The current version of the post has been up for about 24 hours, and we still have nine people who haven't responded or agreed to it yet (despite personally contacting each entrant).   

If this doesn't get unanimously decided before the original deadline (5 days from now), then the original rules stand, which would likely lead to the remaining days being an all out race to see who can rack up the most likes using any of the methods that caused this mess in the first place (since there's nothing in the original rules explicitly against this).  This isn't an arbitrary deadline to pressure everyone to agree quickly.  It's out of our hands due to legal rules relating to running contests and having posted deadlines.

15 minutes ago, lucid said:

On another note, we have our third and final judge (if everyone agrees to the new rules in time):   
Louice Adler, concept and graphic artist at Tripwire Interactive (creators of Killing Floor).

Will there be a possibility for submitting new entries ? :< I'm working on my boss and should be done tonight or tomorrow, but I'm not sure submissions will be allowed anymore (given the rules change or don't)

Edit: We see you've already agreed to the new rules (liked the post). Thank you.

The reasons for the expanded prize pool were to make it easier for current entrants to accept the additional people who might join in.  If everyone doesn't agree to all of the changes, we will have to make a new post with the changes only relating to the judging method (removing the deadline extension and back down to three prizes).  The current version of the post has been up for about 24 hours, and we still have nine people who haven't responded or agreed to it yet (despite personally contacting each entrant).   

If this doesn't get unanimously decided before the original deadline (5 days from now), then the original rules stand, which would likely lead to the remaining days being an all out race to see who can rack up the most likes using any of the methods that caused this mess in the first place (since there's nothing in the original rules explicitly against this).  This isn't an arbitrary deadline to pressure everyone to agree quickly.  It's out of our hands due to legal rules relating to running contests and having posted deadlines.

About the: "If this doesn't get unanimously decided before the original deadline"

The person who's leading the voting system will not agree to this or he'll be forfeiting the prize... If it's gotta be unanimous, the contest is pretty much finished already :<

29 minutes ago, Kent2D said:

Will there be a possibility for submitting new entries ? :< I'm working on my boss and should be done tonight or tomorrow, but I'm not sure submissions will be allowed anymore (given the rules change or don't)

About the: "If this doesn't get unanimously decided before the original deadline"

The person who's leading the voting system will not agree to this or he'll be forfeiting the prize... If it's gotta be unanimous, the contest is pretty much finished already :<

Luckily the person who's leading was among the first to agree to these new rules with human judges, actually. He has confidence in judging based on merit of the work, and he would have preferred judging based on merit to begin with.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Just now, BrashAdmin said:

Luckily the person who's leading was among the first to agree to these new rules with human judges, actually. He has confidence in judging based on merit of the work, and he would have preferred judging based on merit to begin with.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Oh phew... that's a relief. In that case there's some prospect of the judge system actually getting through... I'm glad.

i think the remaining silent contestants are not even aware of the change and suggestion. I think the admin should make them officially write down dissagreeing on the change instead of agreeing to make sure they do still follow the contest to validate the decission. I still think it causes no harm to extend the deadline, ppl who put lots of work in their entries have now the chance to polish them if they want while more ppl could be encouraged to join

9 minutes ago, Miu3 said:

i think the remaining silent contestants are not even aware of the change and suggestion. 

Exactly what I'm thinking.

9 minutes ago, Miu3 said:

I think the admin should make them officially write down dissagreeing on the change instead of agreeing to make sure they do still follow the contest to validate the decission. 

Not a legal expert myself but it does seem like a legally sound approach.

15 hours ago, Ankit Dhillon said:

BTW, I myself was too disappointed seeing the crazy likes on some videos and stopped following the contest alltogether ( I accepted my shameful defeat with 9 likes :P ), allmost pulled my video out too bcz of shame ( I thought those 1000's of likes were real :P Although, that doesnot change the fact that I still only got 9 likes :P I don't know how am I even getting the courage to show up here...

That's still far better than my 1 like (a friend took pity on me). I'm just happy to have 120 views. Never thought this voting system would work, but still happy to participate because of the side benefits and joy I get out of doing the work.

• lucid unpinned this topic