Spriter Keeps Crashing on Startup

Vegas242

Perhaps I should save some time and start with this question that I can't find the answer for, does Spriter require a dedicated graphics card?  If it does, I suppose I'm just out of luck, but if it doesn't, I still have no idea how to fix this.

Every time I load Spriter it crashes.  I've bought the steam pro version and tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and I've tried downloading the free version, but it just crashes everytime at this screen.  I've downloaded and updated the Visual Studio Runtimes to no avail.  Is there anything else I should try and how can I give you guys more information about my crashes?

2016-04-08.png

It's there and I found it:

BrashMonkey Spriter - Version r7

Setting up main window...
Successful.

Initializing model...
Successful.

Setting up widgets...
Successful.

Setting up graphics viewport with openGL...
Failed to load libEGL.dll (The specified module could not be found.)
class QWindowsEGLStaticContext *__cdecl QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create(class QFlags<enum QWindowsOpenGLTester::Renderer>): Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions
Failed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be found.)
class QOpenGLStaticContext *__cdecl QOpenGLStaticContext::create(bool): Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functions
Failed to load libEGL.dll (The specified module could not be found.)
class QWindowsEGLStaticContext *__cdecl QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create(class QFlags<enum QWindowsOpenGLTester::Renderer>): Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions
Failed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be found.)
class QOpenGLStaticContext *__cdecl QOpenGLStaticContext::create(bool): Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functions
Successful.

Showing Tutorial Dialog...
Successful.

Spriter launched succesfully 

Thank you @Vegas242
All of those opengl errors are indicative of a possible driver issue, so the first step I would take is trying to update your graphics card drivers.  If that doesn't work, try disabling openGL using this registry entry: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HQtyrOr8QAN3YEDqpOl8JXV4kSYaEqBp/view?usp=sharing
 note, this will also reset other Spriter settings like automatic save and update checks if you've had a chance to set any of that yet.

• 2 weeks later...