copying only position & angle from one sprite to another within the current frame

GimmickyApps

Context: patches a la the Patches section near the bottom of https://www.toonboom.com/resources/tips-and-tricks/converting-images-cut-out-characters

I've searched the forums here and looked through keyboard shortcuts and google, but I don't see any way to simply copy one sprite's position and angle data to another sprite (e.g. the arm to the arm patch, so that they're pixel-perfectly aligned.)  I seem to have to resort to copying each of the three pieces of data (and scale too, if applicable) from the Object Properties, one at a time.  Is there a shorter way?  Someone was asking for this feature in 2013 in the forums, I wonder if it's on the roster or already implemented.

Thanks,

-Gimmicky

Ah, well theoretically, the patches would be assigned to the same bone as the thing they patch, so you only need to properly place it in the first key frame, assign it to the bone and then past to all keys and it should be perfectly aligned with the entire animation.

look at how I add the spectacles to this animation. This exact workflow should work for your needs. If I understand properly.

cheers.

1) Place "patch" image where you need it  at the very beginning of the time-line (the first key frame). Then assign the patch image to the proper bone (by left clicking on the bone, then hold B and left click on the patch image )... for example, forearm patch image assigned to the same bone as the forearm image.

2) left click the patch image, then press control+shift+c then press control+shift+v  This will copy and paste the patch image in perfect position relative to the bone across all frames and will make is assigned to the proper bone across all frames.

You don't understand.  I haven't even made more than one keyframe yet, I'm still on initial setup of the initial frame, so step2 does not apply.

To make step 1 of the two steps you just said easier, instead of tediously copying 5 properties one at a time from one object's properties to the other, that is, for each of x, y, scalex, scaley, and angle, having to do:

1. select obj1

2. highlight property value

3. copy

4. select obj 2

5. highlight property value

6. paste

I.e. for one patch, having to do 5x6= 30 steps, it could be a simple 4-step: select obj1, hit some copy command, select obj2, hit some paste command.  Or similar.

I think I understand. Like I said, there's no way to copy properties from one object to another.. However I just figured out a pretty fast solution for you.

1) ! place set up your character without the "patch" images.

2) clone each image that has a corresponding patch image by holding control and rotating it to any arbitrary degree. 

3) Quickly set this clones angle back to zero in the properties palette.

4) find the corresponding patch image in the files palette, right click and hold over it and choose "replace selected sprite image".

done.

cheers.