Spriter R7 Bug Thread

lucid

• lucid pinned this topic

Ive got this, for the first time, it says spriter is not proper 32bit application, like if it was 64bit version or something ? i dont know...

g194M6M.jpg

And i tried using spriter 6_1 exe with files from version 7 from but something else is missing and it wont run... 

G0pbe0c.jpg

22 hours ago, bwwd said:

Thats what i did, exe from 7 wont work with files from 6_1, im getting the same "not win32 application" error. Im on 32bit winxp.Version 6_1 works fine but 7 gives me this error.

We're looking into this issue. In the mean-time, you'r best bet is the special 6_1 build Edgar sent you previously via PM.  We've made it available here: 

Install 6_1 then download the .exe here:  (Overwrite exe in install directory with this exe for additional fixes)  and save it over the one in the install folder.

thanks for your patience.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

I have replied to your reply to a comment I made on your YT channel. I have downloaded the R7 build and it too crashed on a .gif export.

Ubuntu 64 bit. Crash on .gif export using 64 bit R6 and R7 build, as well as the steam build.

*side note, how do I change my forum display name? I do not want my email to be so public, and I was never given an option to change it.

"Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50401) with this library (version 0x50501)"

The program never starts, it just dies with that error.

This happens with Spriter R7(64) in Kubuntu 15.04, just as it happens with R6.1(64), as I have posted in separate thread.

Can someone share experiences in Ubuntu or any flavours of it?

Could the developers please kindly provide minimum requirements in the Download page in case there is no solution for this problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm very interested in buy your software but i'm trying install the free version on Windows 10 pro 64 bits and not work.

I've installed de Visual Studio c++ runtime (2010,2013 32 and 64).

I've modified the registry key to disable the opengl...,

and nothing. The program start and show the window (in white) and then it close without messages, event viewer notification....

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

PD. Sorry for my english

Hello, i attach the file.

His content with openGL

BrashMonkey Spriter - Version r7

Setting up main window...
Successful.

Initializing model...
Successful.

Setting up widgets...
Successful.

Setting up graphics viewport with openGL...
Successful.

Checking for stable or beta updates...
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)
Successful.

Spriter launched succesfully.

Without openGL

BrashMonkey Spriter - Version r7

Setting up main window...
Successful.

Initializing model...
Successful.

Setting up widgets...
Successful.

Setting up graphics viewport...
Successful.

Checking for stable updates...
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated

startuplog.txt

startuplog.txt

startuplog.txt

Edited by bartbender
I change the registry for edit the opengl flag

• 2 weeks later...

Ik locking isnt really that useful to have on during animation cause its only for posing and creating keyframes, doesnt work when animating cause it doesnt really have constraints activated.

I installed spriter 7 on win7 and it works fine, maybe it was net framework version problem thats not available on winxp ?

4 minutes ago, bwwd said:

Ik locking isnt really that useful to have on during animation cause its only for posing and creating keyframes, doesnt work when animating cause it doesnt really have constraints activated.

That's what I'm doing though, creating keyframes.  In fact I don't plan on using tweens at all, just keyframes.  (Or if I do use tweens, I'd adjust every frame by hand.)

Any time a parent of an IK locked bone is scaled, the IK locked bone is correct until you let go of the mouse button.  It then snaps to a seemingly unpredictable angle where the end point's position isn't respected.  It's consistent, though, so it must be some simple bug in the math.

just discovered that skin mode is definitely broken in version 7, when you want to create character and import skin then its crashing spriter.version 6.2 works fine.I didnt know and didnt realy miss version 7 when i had 6.2 working but if skins wont work in new versions anymore then i will stay with 6.2 i guess, i have everything i need.

• 2 weeks later...

Been testing a lot to get the Skin mode to work but came out short.
Ran different drivers, disabled/enabled openGL, even did a system restore (had that coming anyway)

As son as I try using any of the skins tools I get this popup:
spriter1.jpg

Probably says nothing but I ran debug with Microsoft Visual and got:
spriter2.jpg

Tried installing previous version (Can only find 6.1). Skins works great in that version.
Will be using that instead until this is fixed.

Hope this could be of any help.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm trying to get a hang of this software, but I have some problems with it:

When I try to resize the sprites while holding the ctrl button, it will bug out and crash the whole application. It happens when the pivot point is on one of the 8 nodes. When I shift click and drag the node It will stretch out extreemely far and crash every single time. This is on windows 10 system.

On a side note, why did you assign a clone tool to ctrl? 'm finding myself constantly cloning stuff when trying to move them around and resize them. I heard you are working on making the hotkeys rebindable, so that would fix the problem, but so far it's a real pain. And cloning is not as frequently used tool as constraining movement and proportions. Just as pgup and pgdown would be more convenient than the default key combination.

Another UI related thing: holding Shift constrains correct proportions only when it's pressed before resizing. Pressing and holding it after clicking constrains keeps the distorted proportions and keeps it. It's not a bug, but it's not helpful. It should constrain original proportions no matter if it's before or after dragging the mouse. 

As far as I know, you can resize and rotate sprites but there is no way to skew them. Again, not a bug but I miss that feature very much.

Aside from that, it looks like a very handy app. Do you think those issues might be resolved anytime soon?

• lucid unpinned this topic

Hey, Something happened and I lost all keyframes in one of my animations. It stood still while playback was on and I thought they were gone. But in fact animations were there but keyframes vanished from the main timeline. I had to select them and click "key all" to make the animation work again. It plays now but this animation is constantly bugging out now: bones detatch from their parents in random places or they are impossible to move or rotate. They jump back ttheir previous position after I release the mouse button. I have to copy everything, and then paste everything on new keyframes to make it work. Even if the elements can be changed, they are not animated anymore and they instanty go to new position without tweening, until I copy delette and paste them again. I don't know what went wrong and how to prevent this from happening again.