Does not work on Windows 10 64bit

mfriedrich

I downloaded and installed Spriter_r6_1 on my workstation, which is a Windows 10 Pro 64bit machine...

When I tried to start the application it gives me the error that "vcomp100.dll" is missing; since I am a Windows developer as well, I know that this means some C++ runtime file is missing... so, I just searched for the Visual Studio 2010 C++ runtime files setup, that let me know, that the runtime is already installed. Since you´re not pointing out different downloads for 32bit and 64bit Windows (like you do for Linux) I assume that the Windows version is still 32bit (shame on you guys). I haven´t tried to install the 32bit runtime...

Will there be a 64bit Windows version soon? Or at least a proper setup which contains all necessary runtime files?

Hi mfriedrich,

Sorry, no. We won't be making a 64 bit specific version of Spriter for Windows. Many people, including myself, run Spriter Pro on 64 bit Windows 10 systems and it runs very well, so it's just a matter of the missing 32 bit version of the dll file.
You would indeed need to install the 32 bit version of the Visual Studio 2010 C++ runtime (which includes the 32 bit version of the dll).

I just noticed our new site no longer has the mention of the Visual Studio 2010 C++ runtime for people with missing dll files. I'll be sure to add that back asap.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey